1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 2:57 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Because other people aren't as intelligent and will come in with all sorts of made up crap you wouldn't believe.

yup

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
8/28/14 3:15 p.m.

What is the flat rate (book) time for a Miata timing belt/water pump replacement?

solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 3:20 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: What is the flat rate (book) time for a Miata timing belt/water pump replacement?

1993 is 4.2 hours with a/c and ps

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/14 3:41 p.m.
solfly wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Why do people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every few hours?
same reason they say "easy as pie" i am going to start using slept like a baby literally though

Be sure to wet yourself at least once a night.

solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 3:44 p.m.
Wally wrote:
solfly wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Why do people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every few hours?
same reason they say "easy as pie" i am going to start using slept like a baby literally though
Be sure to wet yourself at least once a night.

done

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
8/28/14 4:22 p.m.

I do that now … second child/baby hood ?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
8/28/14 4:31 p.m.

Knock sensor code shows up every couple of months. I keep resetting it because I don't want to change it. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I'm going to have to man up and just change it, aren't I?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
8/28/14 4:39 p.m.

Do any of your techs know how to use a dwell meter, or a Uni Sync?

solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 4:54 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Knock sensor code shows up every couple of months. I keep resetting it because I don't want to change it. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I'm going to have to man up and just change it, aren't I?

Ill look to see if there are any bulletins for other cause tomorrow but most likely yes.

solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 4:55 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Do any of your techs know how to use a dwell meter, or a Uni Sync?

Yeah, one of them does.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/28/14 5:18 p.m.

Those "people" don't have kids.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/28/14 7:07 p.m.

How many times have you been pulled over by the police when test driving a police car?

solfly
solfly Reader
8/28/14 8:45 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: How many times have you been pulled over by the police when test driving a police car?

We dont work on police cars much aside from an occasional alignment.

howeverm I do have a funny story. My dad is the head mechanic/foreman for the local public works department and works on the police cars. One time while driving one out of town there was an incident. He has long hair and a full beard most of the time. The guy with him resembles a typical "biker" stereotype

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/28/14 9:14 p.m.
solfly wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: How many times have you been pulled over by the police when test driving a police car?
We dont work on police cars much aside from an occasional alignment. howeverm I do have a funny story. My dad is the head mechanic/foreman for the local public works department and works on the police cars. One time while driving one out of town there was an incident. He has long hair and a full beard most of the time. The guy with him resembles a typical "biker" stereotype

Go on...

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/28/14 9:20 p.m.

Do you pay your techs flat-rate, hourly, commission, or a combo of both?
Why?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/28/14 10:01 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

Could be either, really. Just saying that it's not necessarily the alternator itself.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/14 10:22 p.m.

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

LoneWolf
LoneWolf New Reader
8/29/14 2:13 a.m.

Turn down for what?

chada75
chada75 New Reader
8/29/14 5:07 a.m.

How does a 6'3' 300 pound man fit in a miata?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/29/14 5:40 a.m.
chada75 wrote: How does a 6'3' 300 pound man fit in a miata?

Tightly
John : 6'1, 245 lb '90 Miata

solfly
solfly Reader
8/29/14 6:07 a.m.
EvanB wrote:
solfly wrote:
We dont work on police cars much aside from an occasional alignment. howeverm I do have a funny story. My dad is the head mechanic/foreman for the local public works department and works on the police cars. One time while driving one out of town there was an incident. He has long hair and a full beard most of the time. The guy with him resembles a typical "biker" stereotype
Go on...

the state police called the local police to confirm that they weren't missing any police cars

solfly
solfly Reader
8/29/14 6:13 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Do you pay your techs flat-rate, hourly, commission, or a combo of both? Why?

we pay our tech hourly.

flat rate = someone getting screwed

if the job takes longer than book time the shop and the tech get screwed

if the tech rushes to beat book time the customer likely gets screwed

hourly allows us flexibility and to ensure each job gets the attention to detail it needs to get done right the first time

solfly
solfly Reader
Wally wrote: What would you do for a Klondike bar?

not much, never been a huge fan

solfly
solfly Reader
LoneWolf wrote: Turn down for what?

toll booths and drive throughs

solfly
solfly Reader
8/29/14 6:14 a.m.
chada75 wrote: How does a 6'3' 300 pound man fit in a miata?

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AqhMPxNPet6REfjJz5JO3EtaI07lr91G94NjoFtsBsHy6BZ4mTR3ICl5pzJ8cUrS