PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/2/20 11:08 a.m.

My sister-in-laws dad accidently put a few gallons of diesel in their 2019 Pacifica.  The topped off with gas and drove a few miles home. They're going to get the tank drained and flushed but were warned taking it to the dealer may cause issues with warranty claims later. Can anyone recommend a good indy shop in the area of Whitehall, MI that won't screw over non car people?

Thanks!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/2/20 12:31 p.m.

I don't know anyone in Muskegon or Whitehall. I know it's a hike but Dr Phil in spring lake would be my choice.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
8/2/20 1:25 p.m.

If you have AAA Plus, they will tow it 100 miles to the shop of your choice. 

It's probably best to tow it even if going 10 miles. AAA will be the same for 10 miles or 100 miles (if you have the Plus package.)  If you don't have it, get it, but there may be the possibility of a 3 day delay before you can use it. I'm not sure if you can buy it and use it the same day. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/2/20 2:58 p.m.

I'd be tempted to siphon out the tank, refill it and call it good.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/2/20 3:16 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I talked to a buddy in emissions control. For a car this new it can screw up the cats, O2 sensors and other stuff in the systems. Not worth it. He recommended getting it flushed esp. since it was driven a few miles and not known what the mixture of gas to diesel is.  

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/2/20 3:25 p.m.

I know a few shops in the Jenison (Grand Rapids area, not horribly far from Whitehall).

But, yes..   drain the tank,  flush, fill with good gas (rec gas would be my choice from any nearby marina/boat launch.)

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/20 4:15 p.m.
Grtechguy said:

But, yes..   drain the tank,  flush, fill with good gas (rec gas would be my choice from any nearby marina/boat launch.)

Whitehall may not have too many independent shops, but it does have a marina!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7mK4VsMQSEF1YGnZpb515N0tJc2CWf0YzOEvnAKtNYdlhlumKGA9rAsXlunT27j1