Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
12/28/08 10:06 p.m.

I recently remembered an infiniti m30 hiding behind a uhaul rental place near my work and I'm thinking about stopping by to ask about the car. What is the general consensus on these cars? I know they are rear drive, VG30 powered, and only came with automatics. Would it be fun to beat around in? A pain in the ass to find parts for? Any good enthusiast forums? I would probably bring it up to daily driver condition and use it for commuting, quieter commuting than my miata.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
12/28/08 10:15 p.m.

drivetrain will never,

never,

die.

not just vg, vg30DE, big difference.

I'd get a coupe for sure. If it's a convertible I'd think twice, then purchase anyway.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/28/08 10:40 p.m.

I wonder how hard suspension parts would be to find.

I'd say lower it, nice (w/ more aggressive offset than the ones in that pic) and enjoy it as a silent, comfortable commuter.

wherethefmi2000
wherethefmi2000 Reader
12/28/08 11:01 p.m.

anything that fits a z31 will fit this car go for it. and I bet a T5 trans swap would be cheap and easy (well maybe not easy)

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/28/08 11:35 p.m.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
12/28/08 11:36 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: drivetrain will never, never, die. not just vg, vg30DE, big difference. I'd get a coupe for sure. If it's a convertible I'd think twice, then purchase anyway.

I think its just a vg30e, the de came in the J30 sedan and Z32.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
12/29/08 12:41 a.m.

My grandmother used to have one which turned her from a bmw buyer into an infiniti buyer. I remember it being a really awesome car actually.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
12/29/08 7:22 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote:
belteshazzar wrote: drivetrain will never, never, die. not just vg, vg30DE, big difference. I'd get a coupe for sure. If it's a convertible I'd think twice, then purchase anyway.
I think its just a vg30e, the de came in the J30 sedan and Z32.

correct, the M30 is essentially a luxury Z31 with special suspension bits. I would stay away from it unless you like spending $$ on suspension bits when they are bad.

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
12/29/08 7:45 p.m.

I see an extremly beat up one at school all the time, other than that I pretty much only see them in the junkyard. Just from looking at them, the suspension isnt similar to any other infiniti, it makes sense that it uses 300zx parts becasue i rarely see those.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mqNYJM9xHbNX27fi7SgtvUZ6Jv8mGSqwfsaziRlmcSEoTEoNyhBSASP3HZoOwKR5