1 2
noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
1/16/09 8:26 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: You mean the old Reader Ride's forum? The Reader Rides section now does everything it did and a whole lot more.

The what now?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/16/09 8:31 a.m.

Look in the left column. There's a lot of cool stuff on the site besides the forum!

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
1/16/09 10:27 a.m.

My problem with the Reader Rides section is the photos. You see ONE pricture of the car. A couple of guys have links to more... to photo sites I can't view... so the whole thing is basically worthless to me. And the comments section just isn't the same as a forum thread...

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/16/09 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Ian_F:

I have kind of taken a hybrid approach. I have my cars in the Reader's Ride section and then my link to more pictures is an old board style build thread.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/763/

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/16/09 11:15 a.m.

Ian, as of a month or so ago, each update can have a photo, so it's pretty easy to keep adding more pix.

Raze
Raze Reader
1/16/09 11:23 a.m.

Reader's Rides are totally broken right now...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/16/09 12:03 p.m.

Sorry bout that. Fixed now.

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
1/17/09 3:21 a.m.

Can anyone remember the link to a Ford V8 - alfa spider buildup? It was on one of the major Alfa boards i think. The guy built a frame out of 4" round tubing, fabricated a 4-link rear, re engineered the front suspension, etc, etc. The amazing thing about the build was his pace. he did all the above in like, 5 weeks or something. then something came up and he had to stop. I lost my bookmark, so i don't know if he has since resumed.

It was an inspiring build thread.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/17/09 1:21 p.m.
Ian_F wrote: My problem with the Reader Rides section is the photos. You see ONE pricture of the car. A couple of guys have links to more... to photo sites I can't view... so the whole thing is basically worthless to me. And the comments section just isn't the same as a forum thread...

I kinda agree. I mean, getting the shuffle feature in the left margin is good, because I automatically check out everyone's cars ans opposed to going to a separate forum (which I rarely used to visit).

I'm conflicted.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/17/09 5:25 p.m.

Again, as of a month or so ago, you can create updates with more pix. You guys said you wanted more pix and to be able to create ongoing build diaries, so we added that.

JoeyM
JoeyM New Reader
1/17/09 5:38 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Again, as of a month or so ago, you can create updates with more pix.

It didn't work for me when I tried it a week or two ago[*]. I wanted to add an update talking about the progress on the 1932 datsun replica.

When I tried to do an update, the form came up and I was able to enter data in the fields, but the button to submit the data didn't work (i.e. I clicked on it, and nothing happened). I ended up editing the main entry and adding the picture there.

[*] - yes, I should have told you. Sorry.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dNJhVVVIgZzUFLewrDPcXxGSYnOB1vIXROA3fuUBpgAQ4zGCnyBhzarPywsLM6Rm