Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/16/11 2:21 p.m.

I just went to grab a couple of things and I saw a complete but very rusty jensen healey, a renault dauphine, a complete except for drivetrain fiat 850 spider, a 84 mercedes 300d euro with cloth seats and manual tranny, and a 300SDL (someone already took the engine though), and a gas w140 which was the first i have seen in the junkyard, There was also an 84 corvette for sale out in front for $2500. This was at the pick and pull in fairfield california, I dont really have time to go back and pull parts to send to people, but if anyone could use any of that stuff it would be worth it to check it out.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
10/16/11 2:49 p.m.

Pics or ban.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/16/11 3:02 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: Pics or ban.

The junkyard has a "pics and banned" policy (or at least they will get really mad if they catch you), so while they arent always watching, I figured since I got yelled at the last time I was there for sending a text message (they thought i was taking pics) I better not do that.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
10/16/11 3:08 p.m.

Saw a complete Opal GT when I was at the North Atlanta pull apart three weeks ago.

benzbaron
benzbaron Dork
10/16/11 3:37 p.m.

Did the diesel have a 4 or 5 speed in it? A 5 speed getrag might be quite interesting.

Gasoline
Gasoline New Reader
10/16/11 3:44 p.m.

In reply to porksboy:

I am amazed at what the Atlanta Pull-A-Part(s) get in. At the East Atlanta PAP I saw a Rover 3500. It is really a good looking 4 door, ....if I ever wanted a old 4 door car. Not this nice at all, but you get the idea:

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
10/16/11 3:51 p.m.

Harry's in Hazelton, PA had two 1968 Austin Healy's one had this trim level;

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/16/11 3:55 p.m.

Idk how to tell if it's a 4 or 5 speed, it had no shifter knob and the shifter wasn't connected.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/16/11 11:26 p.m.
Travis_K wrote:
hrdlydangerous wrote: Pics or ban.
The junkyard has a "pics and banned" policy (or at least they will get really mad if they catch you), so while they arent always watching, I figured since I got yelled at the last time I was there for sending a text message (they thought i was taking pics) I better not do that.

weird... every JY I go into i'm snapping shots... use my phone these days but used to bring my point n shoot... never a word...

wonder why...???

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/17/11 12:54 a.m.

They say it's because people will come take pics of oil spots on the ground and report it to the EPA. I take pics with my phone sometimes, but after getting yelled at I decided not to at that yard anymore. On that occasion I actually ended up talking to the manager of the yard, because on my way out the same employee came up and told me that I had been breaking glass in the cars and i would have to leave (I did not nor have I ever done anything of the sort) and I found out that they take picture taking seriously enough that they had already reported to her that I had been doing that. Pick and pull is really going downhill lately, the only reason I still go is that pretty much all the cheap cars that get sold at auction or are bought by the state end up there.

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
10/17/11 2:33 a.m.

my favorite junkyard once had an entire row of Laguna S3's... like 20 of them, in various states of disassembly.. then one day they were all gone..

they also had a decent group of those Merkur XR4Ti's that everyone gets all excited about.. this was about 20 years ago.

that place is magical- 100 acres of cars from the 1900's to the current model year, all organized by whether they are imported or domestic, and then by brand within those groups.. i'm sure there's at least one of everything ever built out there..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ockF1VVPklr2mRKspjoGl3gZFWE2g1D7v1oxWYKbk5NWM2feihDNZR4qMqeBUQKg