cghstang
cghstang New Reader
8/6/09 9:32 a.m.

Found this on sr20forum.com, looks like a fun combination. Discuss at your discretion...

http://www.sr20forum.com/cars-sale/253954-sr20det-powered-bmw-z3-sale-seattle.html

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
8/6/09 3:18 p.m.

I guess it must not be that interesting, or at least discussion-worthy. Oh well.

Travis_K
Travis_K HalfDork
8/6/09 3:28 p.m.

Im sure it would be fast, but it would be illegal to register in at least a few states. That doesnt stop alot of people here in california from registering sr20 swapped 240sxs tho.

petegossett
petegossett Dork
8/6/09 3:38 p.m.

I emailed it to 2-friends who both own E30s. One loves it, the other can't stand it and doesn't "get it" at all. lol

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/6/09 5:39 p.m.

I followed a guy through a 1.9 BMW I-4 to LS1 V-8 swap in a Z3. It was a monster.

The SR20 dealies are pretty sweet too. Nice-n-light, the way the Z3 was intended.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
8/6/09 6:03 p.m.

Shoulda gone RB25DET....but i like

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 New Reader
8/6/09 7:32 p.m.

I like it!

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/6/09 7:55 p.m.

Cool swap, never seen that done before. I'd drive it.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
8/6/09 9:32 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Im sure it would be fast, but it would be illegal to register in at least a few states. That doesnt stop alot of people here in california from registering sr20 swapped 240sxs tho.

Why would it be illegal?

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
8/6/09 9:44 p.m.

I like it and the amount of room in front of the motor is nice. You could almost add a "frunk" with some added sheet metal.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
8/6/09 10:36 p.m.

There is a guy on R3V in the process of swapping in an RB26DETT into an E30 on custom 17 x 10s and monster brakes all the way around.

Bastid has a Lotus as well.

96DXCivic wrote:
Travis_K wrote: Im sure it would be fast, but it would be illegal to register in at least a few states. That doesnt stop alot of people here in california from registering sr20 swapped 240sxs tho.

Why would it be illegal?

C.A.R.B.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/6/09 11:00 p.m.

Hot.

Hotter if it pisses off BMW purists.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
8/6/09 11:28 p.m.

I thought it was illegal to register a 240SX without an SR20DET.

snipes
snipes New Reader
8/7/09 7:30 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: There is a guy on R3V in the process of swapping in an RB26DETT into an E30 on custom 17 x 10s and monster brakes all the way around. Bastid has a Lotus as well. Where is our link to this monster?
Our Preferred Partners
EHtfAqBEw3rPDmtioRs6OdYy7rb6uCkp