1 2 3 4
Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/11/14 12:41 p.m.

I think the stars and Murphy are trying to force my hand early....

From Yesterday:

40-ish mph rear end hit from a Tahoe.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner New Reader
4/17/14 9:40 p.m.
failboat wrote:
volvoclearinghouse wrote: I've talked to some Transit Connect owners, and they seem to be very pleased with them. They have a bit of a "utilitarian" flair about them, but hey, economical and reasonably priced.
Actually a couple weeks ago I finally saw one of the new transit connects on the road, and it was the passenger van not the cargo van. It looks way better in person than it does in the marketing photos. I liked it a lot.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/2012-los-angeles-auto-show/2014-ford-transit-connect-wagon

Q: When is a minivan not a minivan?

A: When it's a Ford Transit Connect Wagon.

Don't Call It a Minivan

That's the official party line Ford put out at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show. The presenter will use the term "people mover" freely. "Minivan" will not be heard.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/14 12:05 a.m.

Put her in a 5 speed Mazda 5. Slap a Ford C-Max badge on it.

Tell her Mazda makes cars in Flat Rock, MI (true), and that Ford owned Mazda (partly true).

That should solve it.

stroker
stroker Dork
4/18/14 11:22 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: The answer to what min van is not a mini van is obvious  photo D307A050-223B-4168-8B15-99D9C9D8092F_zps4bcagsvm.jpg 7 seats, rear lays down as a bed, 17 mpg, tows up to 7000lb legally, rides great, RWD, after 98 they are galvanized bodied. Mine cost $1K with 122K on the clock, has zero rust and I like driving it

What is that?

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/18/14 11:29 a.m.

In reply to stroker:

Ford E150.

Needs moar PowerStroke.

stroker
stroker Dork
4/18/14 1:09 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: In reply to stroker: Ford E150. Needs moar PowerStroke.

Don't need Power Stroke to carry a 6 and 4 year old... That may be my answer.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/18/14 10:16 p.m.

Ive worked on a 7.3 econoline and it just makes everything that's bad about working on a full size van worse. On the other hand, the guy did pull a 36ft () travel trailer with it and considering how gutless the gas v8s were, that probably isnt feasible with the gas versions.

So, i would say the powerstroke starts to justify itself somewhere between 6000 and 10000 lbs of towed payload.

old_
old_ Reader
4/18/14 11:38 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Only thing I am being told about the R is avoid the 06-07's by my friend at the Merc dealer, but hasn't said why.

my sister in law had an 06 (i think) for about a year. it was a POS. constantly in for service, all sorts of different tproblems. the final straw was when the heated seat caught on fire while she was driving it. burnt her leg, leather seat was toasted. she traded it in for toyota highlander that has been perfect.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/20/14 1:35 p.m.
she traded it in for toyota highlander that has been perfect.

There is a reason those things resale so high. A last-gen Hybrid with a few mods is a pretty damn cool vehicle by my standards. Biggest downside is a boring interior.

stroker
stroker Dork
4/21/14 10:45 p.m.

Just as a loopy question, does anyone know if the E150 type vans were ever offered in 4WD?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
4/22/14 5:56 a.m.

Not factory but aftermarket did 4x4 E150

stroker
stroker Dork
4/22/14 8:43 p.m.

Well, now you've all got me searching for 4x4 conversion vans. They're out there, too. Somebody (Quigley?) makes them. If were only driving it from November through March it would be affordable, too...

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
4/22/14 9:25 p.m.

GM made all wheel drive versions of their full size vans in the last 10 years or so.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/23/14 6:10 a.m.

Further, there are 4wd class B RV conversions of these vans. I'm not sure if I want to climb over rocks with a full black tank.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NXxgzSOLmbGfZ1MK2XCqMj9yz6fXNlaxzCVCAyiSbxE3bFM9UAUsKQVUehfY7ACr