belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 5:59 p.m.

My problem is, I always think the things I do are cool, when often times they are dumb.

Case in point: Two hours with a grinder and some clearcoat...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/22/14 6:02 p.m.

That's weird. But hey, if you like it then what does it matter what anyone else thinks?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
4/22/14 6:07 p.m.

You can't be cool while asking other people if you are cool.

But here's my opinion: Tribal designs are one of my least favorite things. I think a zebra stripe pattern would have worked better.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/22/14 6:07 p.m.

What is it and how did you get there?

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 6:11 p.m.

was trying to make flames, but i can see where you'd get tribal

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/22/14 6:15 p.m.

It's interesting, I'll give you that. Hopefully the paint was shot in those areas.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 6:16 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: You can't be cool while asking other people if you are cool. But here's my opinion: Tribal designs are one of my least favorite things. I think a zebra stripe pattern would have worked better.

zebra stripes WOULD be fun. maybe i'll try that next.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/22/14 6:22 p.m.

Yes. Work on it a bit more. I like the way that you think. Clear POR-15 or similar to seal it.

And about the cool part. Some are born that way, others have to earn it. In this day and age where 90 percent of people get bedsores from how long they spend in front of their electronics, making anything is cool. Don't let the dorks tell you different.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad New Reader
4/22/14 6:26 p.m.

Ghost flames, bare metal flames, whatever. I think it's cool, good for you for trying something different.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 7:19 p.m.

I'll change it when I get bored

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/22/14 7:38 p.m.

Would Kristin Scott Thomas like it?

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 8:05 p.m.

who

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 8:11 p.m.

wait, YES

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/22/14 8:43 p.m.

i mean, I DONT CARE

AverageH
AverageH Reader
4/23/14 1:01 a.m.

If the paint edges were a little tighter, and the flames improved a little, I could see how that would be really cool. It's hard to expect the first time out of the gate to be perfect; I wouldn't know where to start with creating flames! Picturing the concept in my head, it totally works.

-Hamid

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/23/14 1:22 a.m.

I like it. I'm not sold on the design, but I am sold on the idea.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/23/14 6:48 a.m.

on the opposite side of the truck I did it exactly the same, but upside down.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
4/23/14 6:54 a.m.

Dissenting voice here

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
4/23/14 7:04 a.m.

OK, not to just be negative Debbie Downer, it just doesn't work for me. I'd be all over making them ghost flames though. If the old paint is faded and flat, then make the flames slightly glossier or a satin finish then pick them out in a subtle silver or gray pinstripe. I love flames that make you do a double take to check what you just looked at. Right now this just screams faux rat look, like the kids who strip the pain off a perfectly good hood/bonnet then pour vinegar or piss over it to make it rusty and ratty.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/23/14 8:10 a.m.

I'm not a fan, but take a look through my garage and you won't be a fan of someuhit.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/23/14 8:49 a.m.

I like it, except it kinda looks like PacMan riding the on the head of the alien monster.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
4/23/14 2:09 p.m.

Is this cool?

It could be if you hit that little but of rust/rot at the lower fender and outline the flames with a hot green or blue with a very thin pin-line to set them off.

Do that, and it very cool ! ! ! !

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
4/23/14 2:25 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: I'll change it when I get bored

Than there ya go! You like it and had fun doing it. Almost the definition of being cool doing your own thing.

Can I put the eyeball sticker on the happy fish sitting on top of the monster? And I like the headless brontosaurus facing the gas tank!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jKQO6OZN54pPx5wJLx9Qfkar4z1Ut2TefXqOEpKsqqTnUIcqI3dNNZ4fNu3C1udU