David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/25/19 2:48 p.m.
feature_image

Have you personalized your toolbox for maximum efficiency?

Why not share with the rest of the class?

Read the rest of the story

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/25/19 3:57 p.m.

I'm proud of my toolboxes but not the organization within, sadly. blush

Error404
Error404 Reader
9/25/19 5:36 p.m.

Toolboxes? Yes, I have some. That is the best that can be said, right now. They hold most of my tools and will be upgraded when my disposable income stops going to a Mustang that shall not be named...

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
11/26/19 7:42 a.m.

What wrench rails are those in the image? Drawer organizing is not my forte. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/26/19 7:49 a.m.

How the hell do you find anything in a toolbox that organized?  That's just crazy... cheeky

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
11/26/19 8:42 a.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

What wrench rails are those in the image? Drawer organizing is not my forte. 

Snap-on KRA15A 

They used to be one of the cheapest things on the truck but they seem to have doubled in price in the last few years. Still not a bad deal though. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/26/19 8:47 a.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls (Trent) :

Same basic idea for a bit less:  wrench rails on Amazon

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
11/26/19 9:38 a.m.

Rural King sells a 6' long 4' high (big) all ball bearing toolbox for $899 (sometimes a bit less).

It's my favorite thing in the garage now.  Sort of like graduating to a lift when you've been using an old bottle jack for years. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/26/19 6:40 p.m.

Do stickers count?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/26/19 6:45 p.m.
irish44j said:

Do stickers count?

Damn dude!  That is awesome!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/26/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to irish44j :

I have screws in baby food jars in my basement - are those glass?  I found the ones from my son back in 1991 had crap threads.  I have some BF jars from my older twin sisters (1959) and the caps had real threads.  

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/26/19 8:33 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to irish44j :

I have screws in baby food jars in my basement - are those glass?  I found the ones from my son back in 1991 had crap threads.  I have some BF jars from my older twin sisters (1959) and the caps had real threads.  

yeah, they're glass and have like 2 rows of threads,so occasionally I am sweeping up shattered glass if I don't screw them into the tops completely and tightly lol. My kids are older now so i'm down to like 4 or 5 spares at this point hahah......

Yes, would definitely be better if they were plastic. But, they were free so might as well use em while I can, and then start looking for some new options. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/26/19 8:36 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:

Do stickers count?

the result of having to cram a lot of crap, plus project cars, into a regular 2-car garage....it's been 10+ years making everything fit just right :)

wvumtnbkr
11/26/19 8:49 p.m.
irish44j said:
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:

Do stickers count?

the result of having to cram a lot of crap, plus project cars, into a regular 2-car garage....it's been 10+ years making everything fit just right :)

I've got even more respect for you now!

P.s. do you still race champcar at all?

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/26/19 9:04 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:

Do stickers count?

My rally codriver Jim has an e30 we've run in Lemons and Chumpcar in prior years, though we haven't done a race in a couple years for one reason or another. He's been renovating his house, and the other owners of the car have had other things going on, and all my money has been going to rally and my other projects.. So we've done some rally, but no road racing....the car has actually been in GRM :)

TXratti
TXratti Reader
11/27/19 12:08 p.m.
irish44j said:
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to irish44j :

yeah, they're glass and have like 2 rows of threads,so occasionally I am sweeping up shattered glass if I don't screw them into the tops completely and tightly lol. My kids are older now so i'm down to like 4 or 5 spares at this point hahah......

Yes, would definitely be better if they were plastic. But, they were free so might as well use em while I can, and then start looking for some new options. 

I have found the "Talenti" brand ice cream (Gelato, they claim) as a great nut and bolt jar, and plastic. In TX at least, they're at most grocery stores, Wally world, etc.

wvumtnbkr
11/27/19 12:29 p.m.
irish44j said:
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:
wvumtnbkr said:
irish44j said:

Do stickers count?

My rally codriver Jim has an e30 we've run in Lemons and Chumpcar in prior years, though we haven't done a race in a couple years for one reason or another. He's been renovating his house, and the other owners of the car have had other things going on, and all my money has been going to rally and my other projects.. So we've done some rally, but no road racing....the car has actually been in GRM :)

Yep, I raced against you guys a few times.  I remember a few races at summit point.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9Mzd8NF490FCJm2wk0dL7XQtduiHEiPDLn194HgTWxYyTVThcNv9yW7F7C4JuCn3