noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
11/3/08 6:12 p.m.

http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/2008/11/qftw-oz-gave-this-tinmans-rx-7-a-nascar-heart/

What the story leaves out: It is not 358ci or whatever the SB2 is. It's been stroked-n-poked to nearly 400ci, to compensate for pump-friendly compression. Also because on the street there ain't no steenking displacement limits.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/3/08 6:31 p.m.

That's why I love V8 RX-7's. Josh's bone-stock LS1-equipped autocross FC netted 12.4's@114 on the autocross r-comps with a stock T56. Imagine actually bothering with headers or a cam! One day I'm going to stick an LSx into one (or more) of my cars...

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
11/3/08 6:40 p.m.

I just noticed something.

Look next to the silver RX-7 in the empty engine bay shot.

See that? Kind of a white thing with Supra wheels?

That's Bernie.

Bernie won the 2007 24 Hours of Lemons Detroit, assisted by six good drivers.

Tinman built its rollcage and did a lot of the car prep (which was surprisingly little for how well the car worked).

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
11/3/08 7:41 p.m.
noisycricket wrote: I just noticed something. Look next to the silver RX-7 in the empty engine bay shot. See that? Kind of a white thing with Supra wheels? That's Bernie. Bernie won the 2007 24 Hours of Lemons Detroit, assisted by six good drivers. Tinman built its rollcage and did a lot of the car prep (which was surprisingly little for how well the car worked).

It was a 2nd Gen Supra wasn't it?

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
11/3/08 8:03 p.m.

What's left of one, yeah.

Bernie needs a heart transplant.

Sadly, an SB2 engine does NOT fit into the budget for Lemons.

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
11/3/08 8:45 p.m.

Is an LSx feasible in an FB?

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/3/08 9:29 p.m.
Lugnut wrote: Is an LSx feasible in an FB?

Yup. Drops right in, easier then a real SBC in fact

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rChxmDycRk5GtMNKgonxaAhOGM6vwPM9sf03t9meADYZyl88OPfL4qW1vUwnBi11