1 2
84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/10/18 2:10 p.m.

Hi All - I'm just getting myself ready for a week in Detroit for the new car show and thought i'd do roll call!   

Any locals should make me really jealous and make it to the Jalopnik Kart Competition in Sterling Heights Jan 13th Jalopnik Detroit Kart Competition

I'm up from Tues evening thru Fri morning - staying by COBO if anyone is up for an evening beverage???

Looking forward to the industry day preview.  It's always fun to climb around the new stuff and make the booth staff nervous.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/10/18 2:21 p.m.

I'll be going to the public show on the 20th.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
1/10/18 2:29 p.m.

I'll be attending on the 20th or 28th and staying over night in Detroit at my daughters house.

84FSP, I think you delivered some seats to her.   The seats are installed and work great.  Thanks again for your efforts.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/10/18 5:48 p.m.
akylekoz said:

I'll be attending on the 20th or 28th and staying over night in Detroit at my daughters house.

84FSP, I think you delivered some seats to her.   The seats are installed and work great.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Glad the seats worked out for you!  

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/10/18 6:18 p.m.

I'll be going with my son. We haven't figured out which day yet.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/10/18 6:56 p.m.

I will be there one of the industry preview days to actually see stuff, then I'll take my kids one weekend so we can ride the People Mover and have coneys and Vernor's at the Lafayette.

I could also be down with a meetup near Cobo for a beverage, since I only live about 30 minutes from there.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
1/11/18 7:36 a.m.

Looks like I'll be there on the 20th.  I'm game for an after show beverage, is there still a bar right on the corner near the entrance of COBO.  

Um...anyone from Cleveland want to bring me some 95 Cobra R wheels?

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/11/18 8:28 p.m.

We have the 20th earmarked as well.  I'll probably pull my kids out of school and drag them there.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
1/12/18 5:44 a.m.

Is there a good spot to meet right in COBO, a group text is in order on saturday.   That will be the easiest way to communicate once there.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/12/18 7:15 a.m.

I'll be around from the Wed the 17th thru Friday the 19th afternoon at five one 3 six seven 5 one three 5 seven if any is there during the Industry days and wants to grab a cold one.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/12/18 7:51 a.m.

Press days for me peeps :)  

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/12/18 11:18 a.m.

I'll be there the 26th with my company. Whole bunch of engineers specializing in powertrain calibration and engine design. Should be interesting. However, I'm honestly not really interested in any one car there. Just haven't been an new interesting drivers car for a while. 

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/15/18 9:00 a.m.

Reading up on all the new toys to be on debut and looking forward to it.  Psyched to see all the new Blue Oval toys... 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/15/18 9:37 a.m.

It's been several years since I got excited by much at the show. So much of the current offerings are vehicles I have little or no interest in. Last year I tried to see how many had MSRPs higher than the price of my first house. That wasn't much of a challenge.

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/16/18 10:03 a.m.

Heading up tomorrow. Haven't been since the C7 and K2xx debut.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/16/18 1:51 p.m.

Just settled in at the Renaissance center for the week's events.  Brr it's cold...  Looking forward to the Detroit sketch event in front of many of the OEM design studio folks tonight.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
1/16/18 5:07 p.m.

I'll be there all tomorrow afternoon, wandering around.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/17/18 11:57 a.m.

Wednesday 1/17 about 1:00 PM, i'm headed to the show now (from Southfield)  

cell 734-six34-six566

probably  be there 2:00 - 5:00 or so

paranoid_android
1/17/18 7:16 p.m.

I sure hope they have some exotic cars for the public to see.  It will be a quick visit for us if there isn't a Ferrari or a Lambo there.

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/18/18 7:23 a.m.

Supercars - Acura had a couple NSXs that were locked. Michelin has a Koenigsegg with the clamshell open, but no access otherwise. Ford GT locked, Corvette ZR1 locked, Audi R8 locked...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/18/18 11:27 a.m.
collinskl1 said:

Supercars - Acura had a couple NSXs that were locked. Michelin has a Koenigsegg with the clamshell open, but no access otherwise. Ford GT locked, Corvette ZR1 locked, Audi R8 locked...

R8, ZR1 and NSX were open on Tuesday. Others were locked though, the Koenigsegg was up on a platform at an angle so no way would it be unlocked. 

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
1/18/18 11:28 a.m.

Anyone going to be there saturday the 20th?  

paranoid_android
1/18/18 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Thanks guys!

My boys already know they won't be able to sit in anything like that, I made that very clear up front and they are ok with that.  They just want to see them "in the flesh".

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/18 6:17 p.m.
collinskl1 said:

Michelin usually has cool stuff, I have only seem one Swedish wonder in the flesh.  Was Brembo giving out stickers again? 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
1/18/18 7:21 p.m.

Any thoughts on the Nissan X-motion?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TYnZe1DN8SwQbJLzdK2fJfkoGUW4F5a5grEvjwt3dq2k3CeWGWI40feGWgO3MuGF