yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/9/19 5:36 p.m.

Bet its the MAF or knock sensors lol

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/9/19 7:37 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
dculberson said:

If your biggest problem on the trip is that it won’t go over 70 then you’re doing pretty well. I’ve had some super sketchy long drives before that make your current trip seem like the lap of luxury. 

Absolutely agree sir, my complaints are all clearly the epitome of first world problems.  Here’s a silly one:  when I disconnected the battery this morning it reset the HVAC and outside temps to metric and I couldn’t figure out how to reset them until I was almost home.  Apparently I’m comfortable at 23 degrees, who knew? cool

Every single human being that isn't an American.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/9/19 7:43 p.m.

Jeremy, I realized later that my post seemed pretty dismissive.. I sure didn't mean to be. Any car trouble while on the road is stressful. I just thought it was kind of funny.

Contrast with the trip to NYC my wife and I took where we had to stop every 50 miles to add a quart of oil, and couldn't go over about 50-55mph... That was a long and stressful trip. Thankfully it was one way and the Buick Roadmaster that Thw8 gave us in trade for that piece of E36 M3 Honda Civic was amazing and my wife slept in climate controlled leather comfort the whole way back.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/9/19 9:19 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

We’re all good, I wasn’t offended. :-)

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/9/19 10:26 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
dculberson said:

If your biggest problem on the trip is that it won’t go over 70 then you’re doing pretty well. I’ve had some super sketchy long drives before that make your current trip seem like the lap of luxury. 

Absolutely agree sir, my complaints are all clearly the epitome of first world problems.  Here’s a silly one:  when I disconnected the battery this morning it reset the HVAC and outside temps to metric and I couldn’t figure out how to reset them until I was almost home.  Apparently I’m comfortable at 23 degrees, who knew? cool

Every single human being that isn't an American.

I’m perfectly fine to not fit in with the rest of the world. Give me feet and inches, gallons and miles per hour.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
2/10/19 8:36 a.m.

That is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm trying to add another X-Type (or two) to the corral but the wife is having issues with this...

No cruise control is caused by vacuum leaks 99% of the time.  There are several places to look with the #1 culprit being the check valve in the brake booster line.  Also the connections to where both of those black lines go (mine were leaking where they connected into the UIM.  Also the IMT o-rings are known to leak as well as the manifold gaskets.  

What were the codes with the CEL?  I'm currently battling a P0420, P1000, no cruise control, intermittent DSC unavailable (due to sporadic drivers rear wheel abs sensor malfunction) and an airbag sensor due to using a 2005 drivers lap belt on a 2004.  I absolutely LOVE my car but the wife is pushing me to get something more 'reliable', whatever that means.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
2/10/19 8:37 a.m.

Shoot, also forgot - changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit is as easy as pushing the C/F button on the climate control.  wink

eebasist
eebasist Reader
2/10/19 11:36 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

If you somehow decide that the Jag isn't for you after this rocky start to the relationship.  I know a fellow GRMer in Bowling Green Ky that would gladly buy it from you

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
2/10/19 11:47 a.m.

Honestly, in that situation, I'd limp it to the next city that has a Jag dealership, and let them deal with it. It's too early in your love affair to have it go all wrong, and getting it taken care of now lets you enjoy the trip as you set out to do.

Of course, a journey only becomes an adventure when the plans go wrong, so you're doing well. Lastly, I realize that the dealership trip will cost $$$ to fix a $ part, but sometimes it's just the best way to deal with it, given the situation.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/10/19 11:14 p.m.

I feel your pain.  My wife and I took our gifted to is 05 9-3 vert to Niagara Falls last year and had a similar issue.  The TB kept putting the car into limp home mode, no cruise ect, after I had put in a rebuilt one the week before we left.  I ended up getting a cheap code reader from Walmart and just resetting the code while we were driving.  After we got home I hit a Pick n Pull and got 2 TB's to try.  The first one fixed the issue, but it was a fun ride home for sure.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/11/19 8:38 a.m.

When I brought home the C10, 70mph was a dream that we couldn't acheive. 

eebasist
eebasist Reader
2/17/19 7:42 p.m.

Any updates on your adventure?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mB0ZS3qFk6vyPFFVjctDdEayZ2CkkvJmLZ2xrP6YNhkUxn74nLydO6RL4Av6QRtz