GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/11/13 7:57 a.m.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/jaguar-project-7/?viewall=true

Hardly grassroots but be sure to see the video at the end.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/11/13 8:03 a.m.

I still think Jaguar dropped the ball when they didn't put the original F-Type concept into production. Simply stunning vehicle.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
7/11/13 8:04 a.m.

Wow, what sounds! Gorgeous car.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
7/11/13 10:40 a.m.

The split D type/F type logo and Ecurie-Ecosse transporter are nice touches.

As a very small child my favorite toys were a Solido 1/43rd scale D type and a stack of copies of Road & Tracks and The Sportscars dating from the mid to late 50s.

My parents had a 1958 Jag 3.4 liter MkI and later added a 4.2 liter MkX. I grew up on Connolly leather and Wilton wool, and I am the target demographic for that car.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
7/11/13 10:48 a.m.

I got to see and sit in one of these the other day. It was a lot nicer than I expected.

It's smaller than you'd expect from Jag.

Still too much money for what you get.

My first sports car was an XK120. It wasn't mine, but it was a friends. At that age if one had something it was the same as both of us having it. Then came a TR3 and my hate of all things Porsche came about due to a 356 Bathtub

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
7/11/13 10:50 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

What's special about the end? I must have missed something.

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/11/13 9:43 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: What's special about the end? I must have missed something.

Watch for the reflection on the side of the transporter...

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
7/11/13 9:54 p.m.

I got to spend 24 hours with an F-type last week. An S with the supercharged V6 and handling package. Very impressive! Not as big as other Jags, just a couple inches bigger than my boss's Cayman and maybe a little smaller than my RX8. That supercharged V6 was impressive enough, would love to see what the V8 can do.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TGOR9ZC5fdHGh8zaGdqezWjAj0X5bwbmMh6ekxPswIHgzmCJUebOMggnbfO4WKb0