1 2 3 4
BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
7/2/20 6:15 p.m.

This is for a project I'm working on.

What was GRM doing on January 31st, 2004? Just a simple sentence or paragraph will suffice.

Thanks!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/20 6:16 p.m.

I wasn't on here yet, I still frequented Buschurracing.com. Lived in MN. Single. Froze my ass off. Healing from an incident at the tail end of 2003. 

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 6:20 p.m.

I can't remember that far back. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/20 6:27 p.m.

I dont think I was getting ready for my first deployment, but I may have been.

If not, I was probably hanging out on base at Andrew's AFB, or I may have been wandering around DC.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/2/20 6:29 p.m.

That's VERY close to when I first heard of the GRM Challenge and bought my first Challenge car- a Subaru SVX. 

The event was in the Spring that year. It was a Monday evening. I wasn't in the garage- that was weekends. I was almost certainly holding my newborn while I surfed the Internet trying time learn how to make an SVX go fast.  Probably on the SVX network. 

I was living in Americus GA. I had just built my dream house, and my dream shop. 

At work my company was building the Global Village Discovery Museum for Habitat for Humanity. 

Life was very good. 

Edit:  Guess I did the math wrong. If it was a Saturday, then I was working on my $2004 Challenge car between times with my newborn baby. 

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/2/20 6:31 p.m.

Second semester of college. I was walking around the Daytona Beach speedway attending the Rolex 24, watching a DP car win for the first time.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 6:34 p.m.

There is a 50/50 chance that I was working in the firehouse that day. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/20 6:40 p.m.

That was a Saturday, I was 16. So I'm going to go with plowing or shovelling snow if it was snowing, or working at the music store. Might have been working on my mini tesla coil for my senior project.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 7:07 p.m.

I was likely driving a bus like most Saturday nights. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 7:11 p.m.

I know exactly where I was.

I was at Akbar on Sunset Blvd with my hand on Leah's incredibly wonderful butt.  (she put it there)  As much as I wanted to move forward with that not-so-subtle hint, my best friend was the bartender AND her ex boyfriend.

Bro code.  I politely declined.  Oh, if circumstances would have been different.  She's squarely in the one-that-got-away category.  She's now a successful actress.  I keep saying that the butterfly effect might have changed her direction in life if we HAD done the deed and she wouldn't be as successful.

That's what I tell myself.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 7:13 p.m.

I'm not sure but it was my little sister's 21st birthday 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/2/20 7:21 p.m.

Well, it was my birthday, but apparently an unremarkable one.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/2/20 7:39 p.m.

I was recovering from my 39th birthday, the night before.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
7/2/20 7:53 p.m.

Pretty sure I was running my Firebird in HPDE at the old Moroso road course at Palm Beach both days that weekend.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
7/2/20 7:59 p.m.

I was 12 years old, on a snowboarding vacation with my parents in Salt Lake City.

I've collected all my lift passes from my 26 years of skiing/snowboarding.

Looking back at January 2004 I was skiing at Sundance and that day's word was Fluffy

I was a 23 year old E3 stationed at Offutt AFB. At that time I had a 1999 Cobra convertible. I was into Mustangs at that point in my life. All me and my idiot friends were into cars, street racing, partying and trying to nail anything with a pulse. I had a nice car, a cool job and was invincible. That was the best phase of my life, hands down.

I was still a few months away from E4, so I was still living in the dorms. My best friend/coworker/co-conspirator lived across the hall from me. January 31st, 2004 was a Saturday so I was probably in a mutual friends' room drinking all of their booze.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/2/20 8:02 p.m.

That was a Saturday, so I was probably in gym somewhere in Southern Wisconsin for a 4th grade basketball game.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/2/20 8:16 p.m.

Pretty much exactly the same place I am now, other than being 44 then.  And still married, and still had daughters on the house.  

I had a little over a year sober, was living in a basement on a horse farm in eastern Tennessee with three other people,  convinced i was going to marry the redhead i was with at the time. I was also studying a lot so i could get my college gpa UP TO the 2.5 cumulative i needed to get a degree,  and finishing my community service requirement 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/2/20 8:26 p.m.

Finished college just before christmas time, so I would have been living at my parents house and partying with my friends. No job yet. No responsibilities either

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/2/20 8:27 p.m.

If it was a Saturday, I was at work freezing my ass off delivering newspapers from the printing facility to some store or street corner in town.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/2/20 8:31 p.m.

Probably working in a job that I hated. Man I hated that job. Most of that period of my life is defined by just how much I hated that job.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/2/20 8:32 p.m.

I was most likely drinking beer with my bandmates or drinking beer at my friend's garage-turned-pub. Either way, I was drinking beer. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/2/20 8:41 p.m.

I don't know exactly. There is a good chance I was at work since I was stationed on a submarine and if we weren't underway, I was working 80-90+
hour work weeks. 

I remember later that year dodging hurricanes up and down the east coast, but not sure what I was doing in January specifically. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
7/2/20 9:14 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I know exactly where I was.

I was at Akbar on Sunset Blvd with my hand on Leah's incredibly wonderful butt.  (she put it there)  As much as I wanted to move forward with that not-so-subtle hint, my best friend was the bartender AND her ex boyfriend.

Bro code.  I politely declined.  Oh, if circumstances would have been different.  She's squarely in the one-that-got-away category.  She's now a successful actress.  I keep saying that the butterfly effect might have changed her direction in life if we HAD done the deed and she wouldn't be as successful.

That's what I tell myself.

amazing dream recollection BRO!!  ......she still sends you a b'day card???? ......wink

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3LmindimuCBAFrZhuH6AUvDqL95jakq7pHUfW3OS8XLpazZLggNiOg3jlNoPapVD