CoryB
CoryB Reader
3/9/09 8:08 a.m.

Any Jacksonville, FL autocrossers here?

My 17 y/o nephew has gotten the car-nut gene from somewhere. Being the bad uncle that I am I wanted him to view/experience autocross. He seems to have an interest in musclecars right now but I think that could be redirected.

I'm in Virginia so I can't really do anything myself to further his interest along.

Sadly the youngster is still without a drivers license because he's "too easily distracted" when driving. I spoke to his father (my brother) and he agreed that perhaps immersing his son in some sort of motorsport would help him focus on what he can do on a track or course, rather than being a typical teenager on the street. And this would allow him to become more focused on the street.

So I'm putting out a request - can anyone talk to him about autocross and/or cars in general. Perhaps even, with his fathers blessing, take him on a run or two at an autocross? If nothing else, where can I find more info about autocross in Jax?

I've about got his father coerced into taking him to the GRM world headquarters for a look-see.

PM me for a contact email if you're willing to help a budding car-nut.

Thanks.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/9/09 8:20 a.m.

There are quite a few clubs hosting events in JAX. If it weren't for the fact that the place is just awful I would move their.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/9/09 8:24 a.m.

I'm not in Jax, but this would be one group for him to hook up with.

http://www.buccaneerregion.org/soloevents.html

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
3/9/09 12:00 p.m.

If he is in Jax, Roebling is only an hour north.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
3/9/09 4:21 p.m.

There's an autocross just West of Jax at Whitehouse field on the 22nd. They should both come out and spectate and ask for rides, most drivers are usually willing, its a very friendly atmosphere. http://www.buccaneerregion.com/ for full info, it helps speed things up in the morning if they would print out the Navy waiver found on that site and have it already filled out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6RdnhXHQnScnmkYNkT6ZcIRC7KcGmVStUta4MwzgY90Y7Ptzymz8PqALT187Gsn8