Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/26/17 2:10 p.m.

For anyone on Facebook, JG is streaming the autocross at the moment.

It was cool watching the run live from inside the car - at least until his phone fell off the mount.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
2/26/17 4:25 p.m.

I'd sure like to figure out how to link that run since he then went over and talked about a friend of mine's car - The Slotus.

It's a Mallock tribute, not a Lotus 7 kit car.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/26/17 8:21 p.m.

Thanks for the plug. Today was just kind of me having fun at a local autocross and bringing my friends along. I'm going got try and reconfigure the in-car mount a bit and I should be able to bring you some good in-car action from the Pro Solo kickoff in two weeks.

Sorry I didn't get to to more walkarounds. Those Dixis Region folks run a tight ship. We were going through each run inside of 10 minutes, so that's not much time to decompress before you're getting your helmet back on again.

Sadly JD Kemp's Slotus (and, you're right, it's more of a Mallock tribute than a Lotus clone) busted a fuel pump and couldn't finish the day. Now that I know there's interest, I'll definitely give you guys a closer look the next time I see it. I run with Dixie Region a lot.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
2/26/17 10:30 p.m.

Read this before you look at the car and you'll have an appreciation for the stages the car's been through. I didn't know about the fuel pump issue as he hasn't posted yet today. He's from Tallahassee and is getting on in years so maybe he had to stop and take a nap on the way home. (I'm going to get it the next time he talks to me)

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8526

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lj94szHI1Psa8Qspz6cyqhGbCHVrjxOIosEdtqzCt75WOIWMx15W8U0uxlx9qcNm