1 2 3 ... 6
Gasoline
Gasoline Reader
3/5/12 9:04 a.m.

From the land of Pitbulls and Kudzu,.....Man up, No whining, Lets Race.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
3/5/12 9:20 a.m.

your mission, to match this awesomeness

(not a challenge car, but I have seen it run up a hill in person. in a word.. awesome)

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
3/5/12 9:40 a.m.

Four wheel drive? Newer-typhoon clone?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/5/12 9:43 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: your mission, to match this awesomeness (not a challenge car, but I have seen it run up a hill in person. in a word.. awesome)

First the XJR and now this . . . OMG

Look at the amount of tire on that thing!!!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/5/12 9:44 a.m.

I would like to see an Explorer do its interpretation of that, with a Cobra motor kthx.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
3/5/12 9:50 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Four wheel drive? Newer-typhoon clone?

2wd w/ V8. Amazing to watch.

Gasoline
Gasoline Reader
3/5/12 10:08 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Four wheel drive? Newer-typhoon clone?

Yes! You win!

Jimmy was $200.00, and probably $100.00 too much...., but the truck is full of some good junk.

I will start stripping and bending up the cage this week.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
3/5/12 10:11 a.m.

Hmmm.....4.3 = 5.7 without too much work here....rut-ro

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/5/12 10:15 a.m.

I like where this is going. . .

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/5/12 10:22 a.m.

Even better is 5.7L carbed. TH700R4 with AWD Astro transfer case. A set of 3:73:1 carriers. 8 boom holes out the fenders ;) Maybe dressed as the Enola Gay? You know, dropping bombs like Hiroshima!

Too bad you are in Geor-juh I have a set of 275/40r17s that would fit the bill on that brute just waiting for the right wheels ;)

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
3/5/12 10:36 a.m.
mndsm wrote: I would like to see an Explorer do its interpretation of that, with a Cobra motor kthx.

Years ago, Rhys Millen was racing an Explorer at Pikes Peak, and there was some sort of ban on rear wings (don't recall the exact details). In order to skirt the rules, his team used the open rear glass hatch (in a fixed position) as a giant wing. Ingenious. You could do the same with the Jimmy!

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/5/12 10:42 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
mndsm wrote: I would like to see an Explorer do its interpretation of that, with a Cobra motor kthx.

Years ago, Rhys Millen was racing an Explorer at Pikes Peak, and there was some sort of ban on rear wings (don't recall the exact details). In order to skirt the rules, his team used the open rear glass hatch (in a fixed position) as a giant wing. Ingenious. You could do the same with the Jimmy!

I thought he showed up without a wing and found it to be an ill-handling POS. So they undid the lower and side screws to the lexan rear hatch "glass" and proped it up with some broomsticks to make a illegal legal wing/spoiler.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory New Reader
3/5/12 10:53 a.m.

Isn't the Olds Bravada an AWD via NP-136 transfer case? Bolt in?

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/5/12 11:01 a.m.

Subscribed!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/5/12 11:23 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
mndsm wrote: I would like to see an Explorer do its interpretation of that, with a Cobra motor kthx.

Years ago, Rhys Millen was racing an Explorer at Pikes Peak, and there was some sort of ban on rear wings (don't recall the exact details). In order to skirt the rules, his team used the open rear glass hatch (in a fixed position) as a giant wing. Ingenious. You could do the same with the Jimmy!

I thought he showed up without a wing and found it to be an ill-handling POS. So they undid the lower and side screws to the lexan rear hatch "glass" and proped it up with some broomsticks to make a illegal legal wing/spoiler.

very abarthesque

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
3/5/12 11:57 a.m.

In reply to John Brown:

and just where did those come from?

NGTD
NGTD Dork
3/5/12 12:38 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
mndsm wrote: I would like to see an Explorer do its interpretation of that, with a Cobra motor kthx.

Years ago, Rhys Millen was racing an Explorer at Pikes Peak, and there was some sort of ban on rear wings (don't recall the exact details). In order to skirt the rules, his team used the open rear glass hatch (in a fixed position) as a giant wing. Ingenious. You could do the same with the Jimmy!

Wasn't that this guy?

2008 Car/Truck
Leonard Vahsholtz 2005 Ford Explorer

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/5/12 12:47 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: your mission, to match this awesomeness (not a challenge car, but I have seen it run up a hill in person. in a word.. awesome)

God bless Butch King! The truck wrecked at Okemo a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BGpHJ2DHA

Wonder if he got it going again?

Holy CRAP, it was fast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3hqtfIUEA&feature=related

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
3/5/12 1:16 p.m.

I saw it in 2010...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/5/12 1:59 p.m.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/5/12 3:34 p.m.

Wonder what that transmission was. Very whiny for a regular one. Straight cut gears?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/5/12 3:45 p.m.
ValuePack wrote:
Apexcarver wrote: your mission, to match this awesomeness (not a challenge car, but I have seen it run up a hill in person. in a word.. awesome)

God bless Butch King! The truck wrecked at Okemo a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BGpHJ2DHA

Wonder if he got it going again?

Holy CRAP, it was fast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3hqtfIUEA&feature=related

Okemo....that course is quite a bit longer than I thought it was

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/5/12 4:33 p.m.

Haven't found any updates online since this happened.

"You can't make a race car out of a pig, but you can make a damn fast pig!" -Butch King

Amen!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/5/12 4:38 p.m.

that thing was unholy fast

1 2 3 ... 6
Our Preferred Partners
4zzdIXpuXwiCVzaLyUdkm9UshMCoiQUer9O83cA57Jgvp5mMTTaK4Pq7D1xDm5Go