Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/13/17 4:03 p.m.
feature_image

Porsche is the featured marque of the 2017 Classic Motorsports Mitty, so we're hosting a world-class driving tour to connect the manufacturer’s stunning Porsche Experience Center to Road Atlanta's historic circuit. Thanks to Michelin and Porsche for making this back-road adventure possible.

The Porsche Experience Tour Presented by Michelin starts at 8 a.m. on Friday, April 21, with a cars-and-coffee …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/13/17 8:08 p.m.

I recommend that anyone who is interest in the brand or racing history of it to attend, and only wish that Patrick Long was still on board as a factory driver to join you.

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
2/14/17 12:35 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: I recommend that anyone who is interest in the brand or racing history of it to attend, and only wish that Patrick Long was still on board as a factory driver to join you.

I thought he was still a factory driver, just on loan to drive non factory cars.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/17 12:40 p.m.

As far as I can tell he is still a Porsche Factory driver.

mikelsr
mikelsr None
2/24/17 9:19 a.m.

They still have him listed. http://www.porsche.com/international/motorsportandevents/motorsport/worksracing/worksdrivers/

HapDL
HapDL New Reader
2/24/17 12:02 p.m.

Well, now that we've sorted that out, let's go for beer!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/24/17 12:39 p.m.
HapDL wrote: Well, now that we've sorted that out, let's go for beer!

Whew. Yeah, totally.

Not all of the factory Porsche drivers drive the factory Porsche entry--only recently did Porsche reinstate a factory team. Their factory drivers are assigned to teams campaigning Porsches. It's like borrowing a library book, kinda.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if we could get Patrick behind the wheel at Solo Nats.

$2017 Challenge Porsche? Hmmm, I might have to make a call....

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/17 12:47 p.m.

I am very interested in joining this tour. Can anyone lend me a GT3 RS for a few days?

pinchvalve
2/24/17 12:48 p.m.

A GT3 will also be OK.

pinchvalve
2/24/17 12:48 p.m.

Or a 911 Turbo.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/24/17 1:49 p.m.

Would you settle for "just" a GTS?

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
2/24/17 1:52 p.m.
octavious
octavious HalfDork
2/24/17 7:26 p.m.

Did I miss cost somewhere?

I'm scheduled to be out of town the 21st, but holy moly wouldni try to rearrange it for this! I might even wash the old 911 for this one...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y0H3NzR9WFmNIWgLJZxbHT6hp3qzdrCQAD3Th00znBwBUDcuYRu4JmLVaTltHDQn