pcorad
pcorad New Reader
11/10/08 11:11 a.m.

Just noticed my typo in the title... Maybe the Easter bunny has a junk yard?

There used to be a junk yard near cape cod. Anyone know if it's still in biz?

Looking for a DIY junkyard in Eastern/Central MA.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
11/10/08 2:45 p.m.

I responded in your other post as well. The name of the junkyard that is an advertiser in GRM is Robertsons,and they aren't a u-pull-it type place but they have lots of stuff for late model cars.

Chris

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
11/10/08 5:08 p.m.

Used car-part.com put in zip code and search. Theres still tons of yards but alot of them are going to stock type units no pick a part due to lLaw suits and a holes who think its okay to pull a drain plug and not use a drain pan...

Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
11/10/08 6:12 p.m.

Yeah, Robertson's is huge and was always a U-Pull-It atleast as long as I lived there. Been in Florida the last 4 years though. They're pretty cool over at Anderson's too, although it's smaller. One time I drove over there to get a used tire and my donut went about 2 miles from the yard. Well, it was a lot closer than back to my house to I limped her into a parking lot, walked 2 miles over, bought the tire and wheel, walked it back and was on my way.

Actually I went back to pick up a spare donut/jack and they gave them to me :]

pcorad
pcorad New Reader
11/10/08 6:40 p.m.

Nice! Thanks, I'll check these places out.

I practically lived in junk yards in my teens. Haven't ventured into one in about 25 years.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
11/10/08 9:43 p.m.

Ferrara's(sp?) is the place in Carve,and it is about two miles from my house. As a matter of fact I brought my 79 RX-7 parts car there on Saturday,and got a whopping $20 for it. Scrap value is way down,and I brought in what was best desribed as a skeleton.

I believe Robertsons will still let you go out back to look for stuff,but I am pretty sure they don't let you take stuff off the cars anymore. I could be wrong though as the last time I was there a few weeks ago I didn't need anything,and was just there with a friend who was looking at seats in the showroom.

Good luck,and if you come to Carver give me a shout I love going to the junk yard.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
11/10/08 10:10 p.m.

I've noticed a bunch of salvage yards in MA have turned from "U-Pull-It" to "We-Pull-It-4-U" types of places. I've been meaning to go to Jack's in Billerica to raid an FC RX-7 they have on the lot for parts. Do any New England GRMers know if Jack's is a "we-pull-it" place now?

Pseudosport
Pseudosport New Reader
11/10/08 10:21 p.m.

Just replied to the other thread but here

Everetts Auto Parts in Brockton, MA http://www.everettsautoparts.com/

Brockton Auto Parts http://www.regalusedautoparts.com/

There are also 2 other junk yards right next to these ones as well.

There is also Middleborough Auto Salvage on RT 18 plus a few others near that one.

I was at Andersons a month ago and it looks like they crushed almost everything. They had about 7 newer cars caged up and maybe another 10 in the yard.

Looks like I'll have to check out Robertson's

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
11/10/08 11:48 p.m.

Not been to Jacks in ages.....Most of the good stuff is gone quickly as it is so close to Lowell and kids with $$ from selling......ah......you know.

pcorad
pcorad New Reader
11/11/08 7:03 a.m.

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful. I'll make some phone calls and see what the deal is via u-pull/we-pull.

Mazda605, thanks for the offer!!

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
11/11/08 1:13 p.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: Do any New England GRMers know if Jack's is a "we-pull-it" place now?

Their website is no help, but the last time I was there (4+ years ago) it was pull it yourself. According to one of my co-workers who used to work next door, they were still letting people into the yard to grab stuff as little as a year ago. You should be all set.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
11/11/08 1:39 p.m.

There's one north about an hour from Boston right off 101 from 93. It's located in Candia and for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I'm hoping to hit them this weekend. Need me to look for anything?

Finding places in 'Easter' MA is good, too as I work in Boston.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
11/11/08 3:38 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: There's one north about an hour from Boston right off 101 from 93. It's located in Candia and for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I'm hoping to hit them this weekend. Need me to look for anything?

I think it's called Car World. I can't find a website, but their phone # is 800-500-8733. If you're looking anyways, could you let me know if they have any 2nd gen. RX-7s or 1st. gen Subaru Imprezas there?

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
11/11/08 4:54 p.m.

Silence! I keell you.

I'll take a look.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
11/11/08 6:16 p.m.

Carroll's in Lexington was all ways a good place. They re-core rads too.

128 autoparts in waltham is not bad either

For real deals you need to be a regular and actualy buy stuff. Nothing makes them madder then asking how much for 20 difent items and not buying one then showing up next weekend and asking all over.

pcorad
pcorad New Reader
11/13/08 6:32 a.m.

Carroll's is right around the corner from me. I didn't even think of them. I've hit plenty of balls at their driving range however.

I'm looking for the rear metal bumper for a 97 Integra. My current bumper is a rust item and I think it's flexing and making a lot of noise when I hit bumps.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
11/13/08 7:43 a.m.
chknhwk wrote: There's one north about an hour from Boston right off 101 from 93. It's located in Candia and for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

Jeff Canter's Car World. I still haven't been in further than their parking lot, but it looks like an impressive spread out back.

carworldused.com

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
11/16/08 2:13 p.m.

I didn't go this weekend; I spent my money on some Tweeter blowout stereo equipment. Since I wasn't spending any money I didn't want to waste their time... I might head up in a few weeks, I'll let you know if there's something you want me to look for.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rSIBKeXC1Ml41EmlNK92hcBZUrHfvPVXsoIZEN0zXVsjuiTr9ZPgqwduY9KyZXLs