GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/13 12:16 p.m.

Available with a V6 or V8, 8-speed slushbox only though:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/09/kia-confirms-to-dealers-that-quorisk9-rwd-flagship-will-be-sold-in-u-s-as-k900/

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
9/20/13 12:18 p.m.

FINALLY! Now, if they'd just do their own version of the Gen Coupe..... maybe a hair smaller and about $3k cheaper?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/20/13 12:33 p.m.

First impression: Who'd pay $50-70k for a Kia?

Second thought: Remember 25 years ago when people wondered who'd pay $40k for a Toyota or Nissan?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/13 12:46 p.m.

Wow I didn't read the whole story before I posted. Right now I don't think anyone's going to pay that for a Kia.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/20/13 12:48 p.m.

It'll sell better than the VW Phaeton did here.

Slush box only makes total sense, they would sell exactly 0 with an manual in this sector.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/20/13 12:48 p.m.

It will be interesting to see if this takes off and kills the Equus/Genesis, or if it flops because of the Equus/Genesis. I seem to remember VW doing a similar thing with the Phaeton. Why would you pay that money for a VW when you could have an Audi? Not that Hyundai is as nice as Audi, but it certainly carries more pizazz than Kia.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/20/13 12:52 p.m.

My first thought is, "did they learn nothing from VAG with regards to competing with yourself?" Re: the huge overlap in product lines between VW and Audi back in the days of the VW Phaeton.

But... whatever... I'm sure it'll be a nice car.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
9/20/13 1:53 p.m.

I'm thinking the depreciation curve will look a little something like this:

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/20/13 2:04 p.m.

In reply to slefain:

Yup. Again: research depreciation on the Phaeton...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
9/20/13 2:14 p.m.
slefain wrote: I'm thinking the depreciation curve will look a little something like this:

Yeah, but thats good thing for the likes of us

Its sharp looking too

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
9/20/13 2:41 p.m.

I hope that the do depreciate fast. The faster they get into the teens the faster I can own one! lol

jeongyun
jeongyun New Reader
9/20/13 2:48 p.m.

If you wanted a smaller and cheaper(?) RWD from either Hyundai or Kia, you'd have to wait a few more years.

Report: Hyundai has a BMW 3-Series fighter in the works, might be due in 2016 - egmCarTech

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/20/13 3:04 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Its sharp looking too

Seriously? Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.

And the rest of it looks like a Lexus LS. Not that it is particularly ugly, just... blah.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
9/20/13 5:28 p.m.

I've been a big fan of Kia and Hyundai's recent styling (particularly the Genesis). But that thing is pretty mediocre and a big blob, and the front end is plain ugly.

Quoris is almost as dumb a name as Equus.

Genesis was brilliant (ala Acura Legend). Quoris and Equus.....just dumb.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/20/13 6:59 p.m.

No stick, berkeley

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
9/20/13 8:24 p.m.

Looks pretty good to me...

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
9/21/13 1:25 p.m.

Okay, it's rwd...I like that. I like the looks too.

Now how about a cheap one?

Kia...? Kia, are you even listening?

How about bringing back the Chevette and the Pinto? Who's with me!?

jde
jde Reader
9/22/13 11:24 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Slush box only makes total sense, they would sell exactly 0 with an manual in this sector.

...but think of the hundreds of thousands of diesel manual wagons they'd sell to the Jalopnik commentariat.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/22/13 1:04 p.m.

Just another BMW want to be. Why is Kia getting away from what it does well. Making good cars that are reasonably priced, Heck the optima seems to be a screaming deal for what you get.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S6RTulicnIYBA5NazW8DILb68XherNca2aVq07iVkazE8en2sRfcQKE8wbhfHbou