dtangard
dtangard GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/28/12 12:30 p.m.

Hey guys/girls,

I just installed a Koni 1204 race shock for my 95 miata and when I put the car on the ground the shock was not leaking. When I adjusted the dampening it started to squirt a blue oil from the top. I assume this means the shock is junk. Is that assumption true?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/12 12:36 p.m.

Lets just say I don't think that should be happening. Give Koni a call monday they were really helpful with the Sports I got for my 924s when I called them.

dtangard
7/28/12 12:39 p.m.

Thanks Dean. Unfortunately I'm supposed to be racing at Mosport on Monday.

Yavuz
Yavuz Reader
7/28/12 2:05 p.m.

I installed a set of Koni yellow's on my Miata about 2 months ago. Within a couple of weeks it started leaking oil from the adjustment part at the top. I called Koni and got the warranty process started.

They charged me $120 for a new shock, I installed it, and then shipped the old one back on my own dime. They will test my leaky shock and refund the $120 if they find it to be busted. It's annoying, but they have been pretty easy to work with throughout this.

dtangard
7/28/12 2:34 p.m.

Yavuz, sounds like a similar issue. I'll be calling them on Monday but I am pretty sure the koni race don't have a warranty..

yamaha
yamaha Reader
7/28/12 4:01 p.m.

There's a company in Ohio that rebuilds them.......idk what the name was, but that's where everyone I know sends them.....something like 150-200 each.

Dashpot
Dashpot Reader
7/28/12 6:44 p.m.

That'd be Truechoice:

http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices.com/

No personal experience but I think they're a long time GRM advertiser.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TneESU4tyVqNlwMAx1lKJbfxcf8vjDSkUknRpJUtgBDemI0P4LKC85TerMYVHQBA