Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
4/16/12 3:19 p.m.

Figured I'd post a few pics of the SCCA RallyX @ ERS in Starke, Fl. We had a great time and won both days in S/R and P/R

GRM's '66 Merc project car

Our friend Colin in his lowered, E46 daily.

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
4/16/12 3:31 p.m.

With all that sand, I think you should be running a dune buggy!
Nice pics.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Reader
4/16/12 3:32 p.m.

Looks like oodles of fun.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
4/16/12 5:01 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Looks like oodles of fun.

Yes it was loads of fun! The track conditions were crappy, but hopefully they will get that ironed out before the divisionals next month. Thanks to the CFL SCCA guys for working hard to keep rallycross going in Florida!

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
4/16/12 8:42 p.m.

Hooray for rally in Florida. Glad you guys had fun, but I was bummed I couldn't be there even to just spectate. That said, I'm kinda glad I wasn't there competing in the XR... track looks like it rutted up quite a bit, and I'd never get all that sand outta the car!

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
4/17/12 8:39 a.m.
darkbuddha wrote: Hooray for rally in Florida. Glad you guys had fun, but I was bummed I couldn't be there even to just spectate. That said, I'm kinda glad I wasn't there competing in the XR... track looks like it rutted up quite a bit, and I'd never get all that sand outta the car!

Oh yes, the ruts were horrible on day 1, they would've eaten the XR's body work for sure. I'm surprised that Colin's lowered E46 made it through without damage. On day 2 they moved us to a hard packed area that held up fine, but the dust was worst I've ever seen. It's made me sick as a dog, still coughing it up.

TireFryer23
TireFryer23 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/17/12 1:35 p.m.

ehh the xr would have been fine as long as you did some creative driving. As long as you stay out of the ruts as much as possible its ok. who would have thought that skills from driving trucks through the mud would come in handy while driving my e46. lol. I did lose some air on a tire during one run and pop off the passeger side of my rear bumper but a little muscle put it back in place. Also my wheels that needed to be re finished now really need to be refinished after a few good dives into those ruts.

The course on day two was so much fun. There is just something about being sideways through the entire run that puts a smile on my face.

I emailed Kurt earlier today and he said they have already started re-working the track for next month.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/12 8:33 p.m.

Damn, I can't believe I missed that, completely brain farted on it. Putting to much attention on getting my daily miata back on the road. Next month did you say???????

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
4/26/12 9:30 p.m.

This photographer took a bunch of pics of the racing, check out his galleries--

http://johnschellenberg.photoshelter.com/gallery-collection/Rallycross/C0000l0gpoM1.Zts

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BNqKEcQseGy0cuct0iFL0RiCHLarT6Zg1HrhKoUTIOtlKIku6E9rO8CMW9NFNn71