HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty New Reader
11/21/08 8:32 a.m.

Last Yugo rolls off line

I know I'm not the only one who is sad..

Treb
Treb New Reader
11/21/08 8:52 a.m.

"Of course, Yugo was never a BMW or a Cadillac, but I think most Americans did not know how to appreciate it," said Momcilo Spajic, a proud Serbian owner of a Yugo ...

"This is driving in its most natural form. You feel every bump, squeak and jolt, and one can enjoy the sweet smell of gasoline and exhaust fumes," he said. "No car can replace it."

No, you're not the only one who is sad.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/21/08 9:25 a.m.

I "black mailed" Jonny Pruitt out of his original challenge Yugo was back when. I loved that little car.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
11/21/08 10:12 a.m.

I've got too many holes in my exhaust to "enjoy the swet ehaust fumes."

I remember about 10 yaers ago, I was working on my Grandma's house in Phillip, SD. There was a tan Yugo that some kid had. Was always loaded full of kids. My Gram lives at the top over a very, very steep hill. One day, we all hear, "Brrrrrrap-brrrrap-brrp-brrrrrrr.... It was that damn Yugo packed like a clown car. That kid just kept down shifting, and just crawled to the top. But the Yugo never quit.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/21/08 10:51 a.m.

my neihbor had a Yugo, I remember when she replaced it with a loaded conversion van...

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
11/22/08 2:38 a.m.

well the yugo isn't all dead yet! it is joinging forces with fiat to revamp the factory to it's old glory days of producing 220K cars a year, now the factory is producing a measley 11k, well lets see what happens when the slovaks and the italians unite! hopefully it is better then the french and the italians merging to make a conglomorate of maserati's

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/08 8:36 a.m.

French Maseratis?

eh?

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
1/7/09 9:51 p.m.

take a look at the italian designed french built merak, the italian desiged french built motor from a citroen in the bi-turbo, the coach work was lovely but the mechanics left little to be desired

Luke
Luke Dork
1/7/09 10:04 p.m.

On the other hand, the Citroen SM was an all-round success (Maser motor, Citroen styling & suspension.)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5FKARjqxb8Mf2TZUhWmoOOdoVN5y8m3QyCXM58jz1SVBujjJGqcFW1FxGIOixeNT