mmosbey Reader
Nov. 13, 2011 10:50 a.m.

No affiliation, and haven't seen it in person. I think I could enjoy something like this, but I am sadly, not in the market.

04 MG ZT T 260 Estate in Florida. It's British, has a manual transmission, a 4.6 V8, some history, and a great deal of room in the back. What's not to like?

mad_machine SuperDork
Nov. 13, 2011 10:53 a.m.

that it can't be legally in the us for another 20 years? that is the only thing I don't like about it

mmosbey Reader
Nov. 13, 2011 11:16 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: that it can't be legally in the us for another 20 years? that is the only thing I don't like about it

Actually, with outfits like Sun and Europa doing federalization work, and with the manufacturer having brought it in, there is a possibility that the car is here legally, simply by virtue of having come in the expensive way, right?

corytate HalfDork
Nov. 13, 2011 11:25 a.m.

I remember seeing them review the (i think it was coupe, may have been a sedan) on top gear and loving it.
waaaaaant/

integraguy SuperDork
Nov. 13, 2011 2:33 p.m.

That car has been on sale for several months. I guess anyone in the market for a wagon like this, buys a M-B or BMW, instead.

I may be wrong, but I believe this car (well, not this particular car, but this model of Rover/MG) was originally built as a front wheel driver by Rover, starting JUST before they were bought out by BMW.

Nov. 13, 2011 2:58 p.m.

Looks a lot like a falcon.

Winston Reader
Nov. 13, 2011 3:06 p.m.

Wirewheel has had the car for sale on and off for at least a year or two. I've been drooling over it for about that long, anyway. I'm also curious as to its legality.

mmosbey Reader
Nov. 13, 2011 3:49 p.m.
integraguy wrote: I may be wrong, but I believe this car (well, not this particular car, but this model of Rover/MG) was originally built as a front wheel driver by Rover, starting JUST before they were bought out by BMW.

That's what wikipedia said. I can't think of any other cars that have made that switch without a clean paper rework. I mean, the Plymouth Scamp, for example, switched from RWD to FWD sure, but good luck finding a common part between the two.

Jay SuperDork
Nov. 13, 2011 6:51 p.m.

Wow, I had no idea they made an Estate... Looks pretty sharp too, a bit Jaguar-ish in the rear.

That said... It's a crying shame they had to use the 4.6 mod motor. That lump of slag iron could rip the fun out of just about anything. Even the classic 5.0 would have been a better choice.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Join the Grassroots Motorsports Dyno Day

9 hours ago in News

Join us for a dyno day in Sterling, Virginia.

We're Giving Away a $500 Race Ramps Certificate

11 hours ago in News

Joining the drawing is totally free.

25 Project Path

1 day ago in Articles

A walk through 25 of our favorite project cars from the past.

Our Turbo Miata Goes Boom

1 day ago in Project Cars

Engine swap and suspension revamp before our race in two weeks? Challenge accepted.

The Ultimate Weekend Getaway for Your Car Club

2 days ago in News

Save a corral space just for your club at the Mitty.

Reader's Ride of the Week: V8 Jag

2 days ago in News

It’s a long-wheelbase 1974 Jaguar XJ6 fitted with a 350-cubic-inch Chevy V8.

Honing Cylinders

2 days ago in Project Cars

We hone our LS1's cylinders

Break Maiden

6 days ago in Articles

Creating a turbocharged road racing champion from a vintage Ford Mustang.

Meet Us at Sebring

6 days ago in News

We'll be at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Will you?

2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring

6 days ago in New Car Reviews

Honda has been pumping out Accords for over 40 years now. Obviously they have a recipe that just plain works. ...

Deal of the Month: GRM Sticker Kits for Just $19.95

6 days ago in News

Fresh stickers for a fresh season.

Join Us at SCCA Dixie Tour Autocross This Weekend

1 week ago in Project Cars

Project Mustang is headed to yet another event this weekend.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
apguQnD1uOTMHHV9LTHiU8Hk7h5ss6AX