1 2 3 4
Cotton
Cotton Dork
7/26/12 4:50 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Will do. Thanks guys. In other news, I'm trying to buy a limousine this weekend.

What....no comments on this one yet? Is it that pimped out one that was in the classifieds?? I want Vigo's limo.

speedblind
speedblind Reader
7/26/12 6:10 p.m.

There might be something to this TSX business. A quick search of Craigslist revealed a handful of 6-speed manuals with leather and navigation in the $8-10k range. That strikes me as a ton of car for that money.

Hmmmmmm.

kilgoretrout
kilgoretrout New Reader
7/26/12 8:05 p.m.

We've had our RSX for about 4 years and it has been a great car. 100k miles and NO problems, NONE. However, I will go with everyone else and say that the TSX is cooler, less common, and more practical (except the hatch on the RSX is nice).

I also preferred my Integra GSR that I had to the RSX. If you could find a non abused 00-01, that would be worth a look.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
7/26/12 10:55 p.m.

They can be made to handle really well, takes a bit of work.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
7/26/12 11:24 p.m.
viccath5 wrote: I have owned a RSX S for 4 yrs and put over 100k on it. I autocross it in ST and now STF, it is my DD. My wife and I prefer to take it on vacations due to the comfortable seats. It has decent power you just have to keep the rpms up there, I typically run it between 3 to 4k. I believe one of the best 2 liter fours every built. With a willing rev happy motor and six easy shifting gears you can always find vtec. It is truly fun to run it hard and row thru the gears. I am very competitive in autocross, once you understand the suspension limitations you can do things to help minimize the effects of the bad geometry. I like the gear ratios, with hondata enhancement, it will run 62 in second which is very good for autocross. I definately wouldn't want any lower gears, without limited slip you can't put the power down anyway. 4k at 80 doesn't bother me a bit, I have run 12 hrs straight on the interstate, the motor sounds great and pulls good at that rpm. I originally purchased it to hold me over for a year but I really like it. I have never owned a car more than 3 years up until this RSX S.

Hey, Viccath! Nice to see you on here.

Viccath has built a very nice handling RSX. An intelligent streetable suspension.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
7/26/12 11:27 p.m.

What do you do to minimize the effects of the bad geometry in ST/STF? Just super stiff front springs and don't lower it that much? That's pretty much what I ended up doing on the Saturn (not as much a travel issue, but there is the toe-change problem), and what it seems that SE-R owners do as well.

Luckily everything else in that class has pretty crappy geometry as well, except the Mazda 6, which, limited to 225s is a non-issue anyway.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4dh9uEg0krPiHa3XzufLRcFgWPMIAcoE4AdylBGcQmyHpTrTtiVKqTVxcBx6cqVH