1 2
Will
Will UltraDork
5/2/17 6:29 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Don't forget the early town cars. They had the 4.6 with EFI and EDIS. It does not get any simpler than that.

The early 96+ NPI heads/cams/intake are bad. The pre-NPI (91-95) heads/cams/intake are absolute garbage.

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
5/5/17 7:02 a.m.

Ok to give some closure to anyone who might read this thread later down the road I have found some more info. Had to look at a lot of mustang 4.6 stuff since its really more or less the same motor as whats found in the crown vics. (03-08)

So there is only one aftermarket harness for the 4.6 motor detail zone, Ron Francis it goes under a few names but its the same harness as far as I can tell. Those will set you back $800 and are said to be pretty nice but I don't want to use a harness that worth 2x what the motor is.

So cutting down the stock harness is the only other way it seems. Not a huge issue just time consuming and tedious. But to go with that you will need a tuner to shut off parts of the ECU like the PATS (fords security system), rear O2 (only if you plan on getting rid of the cats), then the smog stuff (again only if you choose to remove it). From my reading the SCT tuner is a really good unit and its able to shut off everything I have listed above plus you can tune in some power as well.

So stick around and watch for a build thread from me and maybe I can confirm everything I just said. (That or I will find out I was crazy far off and I have no idea what im doing!) Either way should be fun!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lAm8rEiYdkXaKYpiQ4xk02zBOGuEhCjFCE3HHM0MWHGWztcLGDqrlpIlrHUBzbyB