paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
2/6/13 3:37 p.m.

I have been looking around and trying to figure the good and bad points of the different makes of vintage legal formula vee's. At this point I am leaning towards a Lynx. So please impart your wisdom and experience the good and bad etc. I know the 1200 bug engines are getting in short supply, but I don't plan to run many events per year, plus one of my closest friends is a brilaint aircooled vw engine builder.

If you know of a vintage legal vee for sale please let me know. I am located in Pittsburgh, Pa. and I am not afraid to travel!!! And for those that recommend SR Racing, that add for a wanted vee in Pittsburgh isn't mine Seems there is a like minded individual near me

Thanks Paul

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
2/6/13 4:57 p.m.

Color me interested as well. Though I simply want to use the Formula slider in a project similar to that Glocker that got posted a few days back.

Is anyone running a 1600cc super class where you live. I thought most groups had gone that way after all the 1200cc stuff dried up. That would cut the costs way down.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
2/6/13 9:26 p.m.
Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
2/6/13 10:37 p.m.

whats this glocker thread you speak of?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/6/13 11:04 p.m.

Apexspeed Formula Ford classifieds has infected my brain hole.. For ~11,000 you can get yourself a lot of Vintage Open wheel goodness..

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
2/6/13 11:49 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: whats this glocker thread you speak of?

Was in the crazy build thread. Short answer this body on top of a formula Vee chassis. Its for sale at a little under 40K. Straight up no lie at 20-22K like a normal 550/RSK replica I would cut the man a check tomorrow.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
2/7/13 8:15 a.m.

I've seen that Glocker replica in person at a couple local cars and coffee events, the owner lives in Minnesota. It's a very cool little car.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
2/7/13 9:09 a.m.

If you are interested n the formula V Genre, you could do a lot worse than give this guy a call.

Greg Rice has been involved in the sport for pretty much his whole life and now runs a small stable of formula V cars under the "Rice Race Prep" banner. Google for more info so I don't end up floating downstream! Or shoot me a PM and I can provide contact info. If there is a car hiding under a basket somewhere, I suspect Greg will know about it.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/13 2:38 p.m.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56814

Someone buy this so I am not forced to.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QVN0b46MaI6cb3aQcATEqQDa5Q5yhKDuRH09MuMAvDdBHocJBJHvMvLsEomQkxQO