1 2
irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
2/19/12 10:22 p.m.
J308 wrote: I'm pretty sure there are some threads around the e30 forums that have people in the 2100lb range with street cars. That's what I'd rather do, over trying to add power.

I haven't weighed mine yet, but I should be around 2100lbs if not under based on my calculations. Of course it's an early 318 with no soundproofing, no interior (other than dash and 2 seats), and a featherweight M10. And no power locks/windows. And no A/C.....

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Reader
2/20/12 12:27 a.m.

At Giant Purple Snorklewacker :

What is LOE vs. ROI?

Really, what is LOE versus Return on Investment?

LOE = Laughs and Outrageous Excess? ;-)

David

njansenv
njansenv Dork
2/20/12 10:34 a.m.

Level of effort vs. return on investment

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
2/20/12 11:16 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote: Giant Purple Snorklewacker, you are my compass.

If you use my car as an example you won't have much E30 left (or any comfort features) when you are done - what are you planning to use it for? I have a completely different opinion on engine choice if racing series/class choice isn't a consideration.

edit: p1t... I just noticed we are neighbors. You are welcome to drop by and kick tires and see what sort of hack fabricator I am as long as you promise not to sully my reputation on the interwebz :).

I'll be getting her ready for Mid-Ohio shortly so I'll be logging a bit of shop time in the next couple weeks as work allows so the fridge will be full of beer.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
2/20/12 1:23 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: what are you planning to use it for? I have a completely different opinion on engine choice if racing series/class choice isn't a consideration.

This is probably the number one thing to consider. Most of the plans for my E30 are structured around STX class auto-x rules, which are rather restrictive when it comes to power modifications. While many would find that limiting, I don't mind too much since it takes some decisions out of consideration.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aKrliEmZ8MzI5wGpuTnFfx0IYESvfEiTRSyXENZqvC85SAOqPfxftfj2DZECKVkC