Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/5/14 12:40 p.m.

I've just noticed that the C32 AMG isn't too hard to find for under $10k. Back in the day, reviewers seemed to put it slightly above or below the M3 of the time. They hated that a $50k car had a standard tape deck, and that there was no transmission other than a smarter, speedier slushbox.

I'm interested because I drove the C230 coupe (and to a lesser extent, sedan) when new and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it above the similarly-priced WRX and RSX. While the C230 is available with a manual transmission, the C32 isn't. On the other hand, the price spread between the two cars is pretty minor, so I do wonder whether I might as well go for the AMG.

Any opinions on this car?

Edit: I mistakenly called the C230 a C240. The C240 also came with a stick and in the same body style, but wasn't really sporting at all. I'm mortified by my error.

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/5/14 1:16 p.m.

A friend drives one. I have driven it several times and its a great car to drive. He has had a leak at the transmission cooler that we fixed. He also had an intercooler pump failure that we replaced with an aftermarket pump. No problems besides those.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
6/5/14 2:16 p.m.

Cool car that I've always passed on because it only came with an auto tranny. If you can handle that, go for it!

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/14 11:38 a.m.

Follow up: Would you rather a 192 hp C230 with a stick, or a 349 hp C32 AMG manumatic?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ibjhUpcEaxUNCpdNtbshyAIsSoBdSzB47JCujtEDZrBvBJw8t9vzti00vkqoKCZu