1 2
Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/3/20 11:59 a.m.

We can't transfer anything in my county in KY right now, but registrations can be renewed online or via snailmail. I don't think anything like that is going to be enforced currently regardless.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 12:15 p.m.
Patrick said:
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:
XLR99 said:

Same with OH, both the BMV and title offices are closed. You can do online renewals, and they have a few places doing CDL sstuff

Ohio is like the wild West on the roads right now.

I've done 100+ in 3 different vehicles in the last 2 days.  On backroads not the highway.  The mustang has no title.  I'm going to drive with the expired plate off my impala.  They're not pulling people over for expired plates so it shouldn't attract any attention.  Haven't seen police anywhere nearby lately anyway, and if i was a cop I wouldn't be pulling people over asking them to hand me anything.  I think at this point they're probably on the main roads and highways pulling people over to check where they're going.  As long as your answer is to the grocery store or work at essential business or to the park for a walk you are good.  I'll probably throw my reusable bags in the car just in case.

Just be carful.  It is one thing to drive with expired plates on an otherwise "normal car" getting food or to work and otherwise obeying traffic regulations.  To knowingly drive a car that really should not be on the road in a manor that is outside the law could get you in a world of hurt if something goes sideways.  Have fun but don't push your luck and or end up ruining it for everyone else.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 12:31 p.m.

dean, i just need to go for a drive in something loud.  we're at tracks start opening time, i have 2 racecars ready to go for the first time in my life and now there's nowhere to use them.  just need to go bang some gears and make some noise.  not going to go hoon in something with no title or insurance, but i will drive it around the block.  

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/20 11:50 a.m.

Spent 2 hours like this Saturday.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/20 9:31 p.m.

I passed a police officer while going 78mph on 70 downtown (so 55 zone). I mildly freaked out but he didn't budge. Must have been waiting for someone with a fever.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/20 10:19 p.m.

In reply to dculberson (Forum Supporter) :

I do that daily right now. I'm waiting for the time they get tired of seeing me go hauling ass by 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/5/20 11:28 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

In PA, though, there are local shops that do title paperwork and you may be able to do business with one of those "by appointment"?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/6/20 4:11 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

If you do get pulled over,be sure to cough loudly as the officer approaches your window and before he asks for your license and registration. 

When he asks where you're going so fast, tell him you're out to get something for this mild fever. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
4/7/20 4:07 p.m.
dculberson (Forum Supporter) said:

I passed a police officer while going 78mph on 70 downtown (so 55 zone). I mildly freaked out but he didn't budge. Must have been waiting for someone with a fever.

In the fine-doubled construction zone? That would have been a big one.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
4/8/20 2:43 a.m.

My daughter had her license plate (well it is my car) stolen last week, apparently this is another thing going around now.

The California DMV is only doing appointments and there are none available in the forseeable future, so she is going to be driving without a plate for a while.

I would assume they are not going to charge penalties for xfer titles within 15 days, although they probably will, they certainly did when it took more than 15 days for an appointment last year, and non-appointments were 3-4 hour waits.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/8/20 3:03 a.m.

I have insurance but expired plates on my dad's FiST... Do you think I'm going to travel back to Michigan to renew plates I can't renew conventionally? And by conventionally, I mean, I really can't renew them as the state won't take his money, as he is deceased.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pwCL0kfF0tD5Cq7FHpe1CL8Aj01lzkvQFeRSRIKY2ZLlRDQVQrM9fv3cviWnqMjq