1 2
93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/29/11 10:05 a.m.

The RDXs require different pigtails and either a custom fuel rail or some cheap adapters.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/11 10:09 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: The RDXs require different pigtails and either a custom fuel rail or some cheap adapters.

DSM's are plug-n-play.

LSX_510
LSX_510 New Reader
4/29/11 12:51 p.m.

I just built one for a buddy, d16z6 bisimoto rods, 75.5 vitaras, acl race bearings, I ported the head using the zex 59300 camshaft and a holset hx35. car makes full boost at 3600-3800 and pulls like there is no tomorrow. car is also tuned on chrome and uses FI clinic 850's

no dyno numbers yet but my ass dyno is saying over 400 on 23lbs

the car including suspension etc.. he has 1700 in it with slicks and skinnies

unevolved
unevolved Dork
4/29/11 1:11 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: The RDXs require different pigtails and either a custom fuel rail or some cheap adapters.
DSM's are plug-n-play.

With a resistor box.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/11 1:20 p.m.
unevolved wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
DSM's are plug-n-play.
With a resistor box.

Which EF's have.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
4/29/11 3:08 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
unevolved wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
DSM's are plug-n-play.
With a resistor box.
Which EF's have.

Zing. Got me on a technicality. EG's don't have those.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/11 3:35 p.m.

I don't mess around with the term plug-n-play. That E36 M3 better work! :)

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
4/29/11 3:38 p.m.

I <3 Plug 'N Play things.

LordTurbonia
LordTurbonia New Reader
4/29/11 4:49 p.m.

Dave, I like your style. I've read over your build threads, and I think you're onto something. I've been looking at conventional turbo wisdom when I should be looking at application, and that's a mistake. And to think, I've been reading the Endyn/TOO stuff all week . . .

I'm starting to think the Vitara piston's 8.5:1 CR at 0 deck is WAY too low for these motors and that they should probably sit around the stock 9.2, maybe even a few tenths higher than stock. Will the stock pistons live at boost in the 250 whp range? I've seen dyno charts, etc. on stock pistons at that power, but a dyno run is a controlled environment and the street/track isn't. I know they're cast, etc and they "should" be replaced for an all-out build but I'd like to apply the money for forged units elsewhere if possible.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/11 5:06 p.m.

Thanks!

Unless it's a drag car, yeah - that CR is way too low IMO. Low CR / high boost makes a lot of top end power, but sucks for driveability.

I bet stock pistons would be good to those power levels. I've killed a lot of rods, but never so much as made a piston blush. I am curious how well a stock piston / B18 rod combo would do - I'm betting quite well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mxOgqDxOoI6dcHrSlyMnZY0SVlg2ZGz8UASiagjJekwsf2IokGa4qw4Zvnubu5fg