tjbell
tjbell HalfDork
6/14/19 6:12 a.m.

Well, I have a 2015 GTI and  I am Uni 1+ tuned, Forge Intercooler, intake, Uni 1 DSG tune, ETC.

I am looking to add Water/Meth injection not only for performance, but to aid in slowing carbon build up on the intake valves. 

A. Is this a viable solution?
B. I know there are many kits available, do we have a preferred kit?
C. Profit?

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
6/14/19 8:38 a.m.

I did a DIY style kit on my JDM swapped MR2. I did pure water, sometimes some rubbing alky mixed in to keep it from freezing. I had good results, although I wasn't datalogging intake temps or anything like that. Here's the basic build I did. http://www.turbomirage.com/water.html

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
6/14/19 5:26 p.m.

I used a prometh kit on my turbo olds. I did not have an intercooler or efi. Always ran great and never had an issue with the system.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
6/14/19 5:52 p.m.

You can use a Burger Tuning meth kit and their JB4 to tune the entire thing.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/14/19 5:56 p.m.

USRT out of Cherry Hill, NJ will have you covered for all your VW water meth needs and knowledge. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
6/14/19 5:59 p.m.

In reply to tjbell :

Water/ meth will add power and help clean up the deposits.  

However there is an easier/ cheaper way to achieve the same effect.  Assuming your car is a 2001 or newer it will run on 88 octane fuel. ( as compared to 87 octane).  That kicks the ethanol content up to 15% from the standard 10%  

Do not confuse that with E85! Which is up to 85% ethanol.  To do E85 you need either flex fuel capability from the factory or you need to add the sensor and program your computer to adjust for  the ability to run E85. 

GRM ran a test and on an otherwise stock Miata the engine gained 8 horsepower using E85. 

Going from a standard 87 octane to 88 octane is likely to only gain a horsepower or so but it’s slightly less expensive to buy and will help clean deposits so you are a winner on 2 of the 3  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o1GRB5vBJXKLoz1vVExMmWDXJpnU4rq1GcKDv7vO9ou9A115gxCdkMXwx0lpPxSr