SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/25/14 4:22 p.m.

Anyone know a good source for good quality leather (or pleather) seat covers, or "skins"?

I don't want anything with loose fit, lace up backs, etc.

I want something reasonably nice for my truck that will fit tightly over the existing fabric upholstery and is DIY friendly.

I've researched Clazzio, which look really good, but I can't find a vendor who sells for my vehicle ('99 F-250).

Looks like sets are available for $250 for vinyl, $450 for leather. That's a price I can live with (including the rear).

I'll go with a stock color (black or dark grey), but I like the double stitching, maybe ventilated.

Anyone have any experience with a product they like? Know any good vendors? Is my price reasonable, or do I need to shoot higher?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/25/14 4:32 p.m.

Given the popularity of the F250, how about a junkyard full replacement?
Can you get entire new(er) front seating for $250/$450?

Will F150 seats fit? 'Cause if they will, full set for $175.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/14 8:54 a.m.

I'd much rather a junkyard set, but having trouble finding one.

I don't think the F-150 is interchangeable with the F-250.

The 10th gen trucks went out of production in 2003. That means the newest I'll find in a junkyard is 11 years old. Trucks that old have worn interiors almost universally.

The standard interior for the F-250 was a really ugly fabric (I'd guess 80% of them, including mine). I'd rather good vinyl or leather. Some of the work truck versions had really horrible vinyl benches, and the leather seems to be only in the specialty versions, like the King Ranch or Harley Davidson editions. A full set for a King Ranch can run $3000 or more.

I would consider modifying the brackets and mounts of another brand or series, but I am trying to keep this simple.

Therefore, I am researching skins.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/14 8:57 a.m.

would seats from the excursion fit? I personally do not see why F150 seats would not physically fit. the cab is the same size across the F line.. It would be silly for ford to spend more money to make seats that only fit one specific sub-model when they can save money and use the same basic frames and mounts across the entire range

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/26/14 11:11 a.m.

Seems that '99 was the cross-over year.
Does your '99 F250 look like this (last of the 10th Gen)?:

Or does your '99 look like this (the beginning of Super Duty)?:

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/26/14 11:25 a.m.

If your truck is like the white model shown above, I see no reason that the seats listed below would not fit since in that era, the F250 shared the platform and floor pan with the F150. Expedition of that era may fit as well.

If your truck is a Super Duty, then you will need seats from that era of Super Duty or maybe Excursion.

JohnRW1621 wrote: Given the popularity of the F250, how about a junkyard full replacement? Can you get entire new(er) front seating for $250/$450? Will F150 seats fit? 'Cause if they will, full set for $175.
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
7/26/14 12:05 p.m.

I Was never a Ford guy, but I know you could bolt any GM seat from about 1978 to any GM seat frame through at least the mid 90s. For buckets the four holes in the bottom of the seats were always in the same place. So if you had bucket frames in your 82 S-10 you could bolt in seats from a 95 Camaro with no trouble (done it).

I don't know who made GM seat of that era, but if it was an outside supplier like Visteon, Lear, or the like maybe they use that bolt spacing on the Ford and Chrysler seats they make too.

Take some measurements and hit the junkyard. You may be surprised what fits your frames.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/14 2:29 p.m.

My truck is a Super Duty.

You'd be surprised how few parts are shared by the F-150.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/26/14 3:44 p.m.

This listing on ebay claims free shipping to US and $450 for two front seats.
Are yours like this with the seatbelt coming out of the seat rather than coming from the b-pillar?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/26/14 4:48 p.m.

For covers, what about: http://www.wetokole.com/
They seem to ask the right questions which shows they know it is not a one size fits all type deal.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9rjHWiYgONqmEDp0DqJrGpC6CVNzTWYBmdBhg1B8Y4q6FLuJIYkhPsmBE09Qolko