MoFoLincLS8
MoFoLincLS8 None
1/14/21 6:01 p.m.

Alright, so I have a 2004 Lincoln LS. HID factory headlights. Ive installed led turn signal bulbs in both front and rear. With the headlights off both frt and rears flash normal. If I turn the  headlights on, the rears still flash fine, but the fronts don't flash at all. I've installed resistors, with no change, I've swapped bulbs, with no change. This is aggravating AF!!! I just love the look of LED bulbs and would love to figure out why this is happening. I've not had this issue with any other vehicle that I've installed LEDS in. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/21 6:17 p.m.

LEDs have polarity, is it possible the LS feeds power to the flashers differently when the lights are on? I'd start by putting a multimeter on the connector and see if the polarity reverses with the lights on.

MoFoLincLS8
MoFoLincLS8 New Reader
1/14/21 6:43 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner

the bulbs are designed to work with any type polarity. at least thats what the packaging says

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
1/14/21 7:19 p.m.

That should be easy to test, connecting the bulb directly to your battery, then reversing the wires.

I ran into a problem where the LED lamp worked fine on its own, but due to random chance, plugging it into my fuse panel connects it backwards and it doesn't work. Haven't gotten around to disassembling the fusebox to swap the leads.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/21 11:28 a.m.

could be a ground issue.  Are the turnsignals and the headlights using the same ground and what condition is it in?  If those lamps are not polarity dependant, they could be backfed from a bad shared ground.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
1/15/21 11:44 a.m.

Sounds like a grounding issue I had with my ACVW. My turn signals were grounding backwards through my brake lights somehow. I redid the grounds on the turnsignal housings and everything worked fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
If7H1bOu5qdco2p9UapXnSlpqROPksK8bwucbW6AeMIEyCqabpPcefXCVeNvBW86