Pat
Pat Reader
8/15/10 9:08 a.m.

I'm having trouble finding .125" lexan locally. Anyone have any suggestions or sources that they've used in the past?

Thanks, Pat

porksboy
porksboy Dork
8/15/10 9:31 a.m.

Home depot round here has it. Yes Lexan not acrylic

drmike
drmike New Reader
8/15/10 10:53 a.m.

I sometimes order Lexan (polycarbonate) from McMaster-Carr. www.mcmaster.com

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
8/15/10 12:53 p.m.

Try your local steel supply house. They often sell engineering plastics along side their metal products. That's where I bought mine the last time.

logicfactory
logicfactory New Reader
8/15/10 3:09 p.m.

the stuff i have seen at lowes/home depot has typically been ~ .095" i just bought some myself for my rear 1/4 windows and it was easier to cut with shears. i will be making my rear window this week out of the same .093 material i source from home depot.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf HalfDork
8/15/10 7:19 p.m.

www.hartsupply.com

I get my poweder coat sheet metal from them for making body panels.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/15/10 9:16 p.m.
logicfactory wrote: the stuff i have seen at lowes/home depot has typically been ~ .095" i just bought some myself for my rear 1/4 windows and it was easier to cut with shears. i will be making my rear window this week out of the same .093 material i source from home depot.

I'm not sure the rule for the SCCA, but NHRA minimum thickness is .125". That means the Challenge is at least .125".

Not sure what you are building for, just thought I'd mention it.

Pat
Pat Reader
8/15/10 9:25 p.m.

I think I've found my source....got a call from a friend earlier this evening who can hook me up. Thanks guys.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/16/10 1:24 p.m.

I just look in the yellow pages under "plastics".

porksboy
porksboy Dork
8/16/10 2:05 p.m.

Yellow Pages whats that? They have quit delivering them in the metro Atl. area. My computer phobic parents are pissed. Have to go "all the way down town" to get one.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/16/10 2:40 p.m.

Then I would use yellowpages.com!

Plastic sheet suppliers in Atlanta, GA

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GtMA8NGbUEc4LhegxfU6pysDis5P5ZthYECL4gkNQJ3DlYyDtrjn0u7tVRDKynmL