porker
porker
7/10/11 10:25 a.m.

Here a link to those interested in Retro Racing Porsche art.

Click on the T shirts to see some Limited Edition T shirt designs Just 50 per design...enjoy

http://www.flatout.hk/flatout/Home.html

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/10/11 10:35 a.m.

Wow, only 50 bucks for a Gildan T? Load me up with 100 of those bitches!

porker
porker New Reader
7/10/11 10:46 a.m.

Yeah a bit on the expensive side but they are limited to just 50, each one comes signed by the artist. Its not the T as much as the exclusivity of owning something unique, some of the design are quite 'cool' I think.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
7/10/11 10:55 a.m.

Smells of canoe.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
7/10/11 11:47 a.m.

porker, if you are the artist, or associated with him, I'd recommend placing an ad in Classic Motorsports magazine for the paintings.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
7/10/11 4:14 p.m.

$50 bucks is a ripp-off and is almost as bad as spamming good websites trying to hock your over-priced wares.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
7/10/11 4:50 p.m.

T-Shirt art for $50... oohhh and it's signed by the artist! Hey GRM, here is your chance to own something that might hang in The Louvre one day!

I wonder how much homeless guys get to sign T-shirts these days.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/10/11 5:07 p.m.

I hang out on Porsche forums quite often (ie. daily), not by choice. If you had tried to pull this kind of stunt over there, you would have been tarred and feathered. I've seen it (ie. done it)

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/10/11 5:24 p.m.

nice paintings, overpriced shirts.

porker
porker New Reader
7/10/11 10:00 p.m.

Just helping out a friend….He can’t print Limited Editions for much less. When one prints thousand (as you’ll find at Kmart) then the unit price can come down. These T-shirts are printed on demand, one at a time to your specification. He says he would love to drop his price and get more sales but it wouldn’t be worth his while. He’s not making much more than a price of a beer on each as it is. It’s just a passion he has. He doesn’t need the money, he owns a 911 himself man.

DR BOOST, apologies, I did check to see the forum regulations about adding a link and didn’t see anything to the contrary. You don’t need to buy one mate, it ‘s just for interest, and no one is forcing you. He has had some sales, perhaps from those equally as passionate. The subject is car related so felt it might interest Porsche lovers.

Will pass on the compliments on his paintings and suggestion of advertising.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
7/11/11 5:56 a.m.

My issue is with someone who has never been here, isn't part of the community coming in here to get our money. Jake JoeyM for instance (only because his post is above your last, so is still on screen). He's enough of a looser to have 3800 posts. If he posted the exact same post I'd still think it's a rip-off but I'd know he wasn't popping in here to sniff our wallets.
See, this forum is just about the last bastion of the internet that hasn't been invaded by spammers or trolls and we work hard to keep it that way. Sorry, when somebodies first post is spam, we can get our skid-marked panties in a bunch.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/11/11 6:06 a.m.
porker wrote: Just helping out a friend….He can’t print Limited Editions for much less. When one prints thousand (as you’ll find at Kmart) then the unit price can come down. These T-shirts are printed on demand, one at a time to your specification. He says he would love to drop his price and get more sales but it wouldn’t be worth his while. He’s not making much more than a price of a beer on each as it is. It’s just a passion he has. He doesn’t need the money, he owns a 911 himself man. DR BOOST, apologies, I did check to see the forum regulations about adding a link and didn’t see anything to the contrary. You don’t need to buy one mate, it ‘s just for interest, and no one is forcing you. He has had some sales, perhaps from those equally as passionate. The subject is car related so felt it might interest Porsche lovers. Will pass on the compliments on his paintings and suggestion of advertising.

Have him look into zazzle or cafe press. He could drop the price a LOT and still get his beer money. People here are buying this that are priced like this shirt

porker
porker New Reader
7/11/11 8:45 a.m.

Dr Boost. Fair enough. Point taken, didn't want to offend anyone.

JoeyM. Thanks, will forward this link, but can't see him producing them for this. Postage from China is the price of this shirt. It looks as if 'made in china' is no longer the cheap option, although the sample he showed me the print quality was excellent. Perhaps he can advertise them on this site somewhere, but it looks as if the US is not the market to me.

I'll be back... as a regular poster soon.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/11/11 8:56 a.m.

As a counterpoint (to the above referenced price point), I bought this t-shirt at this year's 12 hours of Sebring. It's a fantastic shirt, very high quality, and the best part was their customer service. I say that because, once I got home, I realized that the size I bought wasn't going to work. I sent an email to the company to ask if I could exchange the shirt and they were more than happy to do so. I sent mine back and days later got the new one. I love it and would highly recommend them!

The name of the company is Driven Autowear. I'm nothing but a highly satisfied customer.

http://www.drivenautowear.com/product/porsche-917-3-elford

porker
porker New Reader
7/11/11 9:25 a.m.

very cool. signed by vic elford too.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
7/11/11 9:50 a.m.

On the flip side, Porsche-philes should be used to paying those kinds of prices for "normal" items. (sorry, had to take one last jab).

I'll just reiterate the "nice paintings" gesture. I especially like the Gulf 917.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
7/11/11 10:15 a.m.

Nice shirt design.

Letsee, since we were in the business....Qty 50 ...$5.50 ea for the shirts Assuming it's not merino wool or some other), 5 color imprint front @$2.75 per color per shirt(includes set up fee), 2 color on back, small, $1.75 per color per shirt...Totals $22.75 per shirt. So he drinks $27.25 beer. I bet that's good beer.

Seriously, I don't think the buyers are getting fleeced, I think the artist is.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/11/11 10:49 a.m.

I'll bet those shirts are less than that. My uncle has a screen print business and he frequently gets Gildan single colors for under 3 dollars per shirt.

porker
porker New Reader
7/11/11 10:55 a.m.

jeez i can't believe we are talking T shirts costs on a car forum but... if you printing them one at a time the profits shrinks dramatically. the individual unit price must go up, just in labor alone.

porker
porker New Reader
7/11/11 10:56 a.m.

So anyway anyone watch that awesome British Grand Prix...

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
10/28/13 5:36 a.m.
Matt B wrote: On the flip side, Porsche-philes should be used to paying those kinds of prices for "normal" items. (sorry, had to take one last jab). I'll just reiterate the "nice paintings" gesture. I especially like the Gulf 917.

^^^^^This. Has anyone been to Porsches own website and looked at the prices of their T-shirts? $50.00 is a bargain over there. Check it out.

http://shop3.porsche.com/usa/men/t-shirts/

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
10/28/13 7:12 a.m.

Canoeception?

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
10/28/13 7:30 a.m.

A canoe thread that was respawned two years later because of a canoe. The most disturbing thing about it is that I have another 9000 posts since then.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2pTqVKWbWE5obXUm0fegKBoSn4Q2gI5lV06G29mogvA2Dhn6y3CYa2QaFKHSjIQQ