Matt Smith
Matt Smith New Reader
6/6/11 1:59 p.m.
feature_image

We had a blast campaigning our Lincoln Mark VII crapcan racer at Lowes Motor Speedway in the ChumpCar World Series. We entered the ChumpCar 14-hour endurance event with high expectations after fixing the fuel starvation issues that plagued our last race.

The day started off drizzly and gloomy as overcast clouds dampened the track for our 8 a.m. start. …

Read the rest of the story

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
6/7/11 1:06 p.m.

what position were you running in before the aforementioned co-spatial integration?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
6/7/11 1:52 p.m.

About 27th. We really didn't lose much time after our (my) incident, and made up more than we lost afterward.

I still felt like a big jerk.

Matt Smith
Matt Smith New Reader
6/7/11 2:46 p.m.

Well, the incident put us about 30 laps down. So, we may have had a top 20 finish on our hands. Either way, the car is not sorted or developed enough to win and play by the rules. The 3000GT that won was absolutely playing by the rules, they're just so much more experienced than us. Also, our tires probably put us down 5 seconds a lap, since the leading teams were on good rubber. I'm still sorting through a lot of the data, so updates on car development and data logging will be up soon.

SPG123
SPG123 Reader
6/7/11 10:45 p.m.

Ahem. I have a set of Victoracers mounted on 94 MGT split 17s on your classifieds for cheap. You could call or write or something.

Matt Smith
Matt Smith New Reader
6/8/11 8:43 a.m.

ls1fiero, thanks for the offer! Unfortunately, we would need about 4 sets of them to test on, collect data on, do HPDE driver training on, and then one day race on them. Were not sure which tire were going to switch to, but it'll likely be a 16" rim so we can run junkyard-find P71 wheels. (I think) Thanks again though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ya9n6AgGA4H8c5RsuugaNciJwA6q5kEYysGnaamzLEgEGMmxE3bZjmmha8IdwGxZ