1 ... 4 5 6 7
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:32 p.m.

say something, JG! i'm listening to teh live feed and it doesn't feel very live!

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:34 p.m.

holy crap- both events today? tough on some of the cars.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:37 p.m.

Still getting texts I hear.

take a 6 hour break, and keep watching. Like LeMans.

AngryCorvair
10/24/14 8:37 p.m.

OK, we're back to racing. so good to hear your voice, my friend!

but you should have an open window or an exterior microphone. i'm having a hard time getting into the spirit with such quiet drag passes.

ooh ooh ooh aussie's about to fire it up in teh far lane! holy balls, that was a lot of work for a 12.32! looks like someone could use some rear suspension tuning...

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:38 p.m.

Ok, it's a long day JG. You can have a nap soon.

AngryCorvair
10/24/14 8:46 p.m.

i feel the love!

AngryCorvair
10/24/14 8:49 p.m.

great work, JG and the rest of the team. it was almost, but not quite, just like being there. but with less Hong.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/24/14 8:54 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: great work, JG and the rest of the team. it was almost, but not quite, just like being there. but with less Hong.

The lack of hong was palpable. Still fun, but lacking their specialness

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:57 p.m.

Why does that thing want to go right so badly?

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:57 p.m.

I thought he touched the wall.

AngryCorvair
10/24/14 8:58 p.m.

sMG looked a lot better in the burnout box... couple of wiggles, looked kinda close to the right side wall, 11.5x. who was driving? i'm guessing it was Andy?

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 8:59 p.m.

A commercial NOW????

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/24/14 9:00 p.m.

Thanks JG. Fun to watch.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
10/24/14 9:02 p.m.

Thanks to all involved for the live feeds. Def. took the sting out of not being able to attend.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/24/14 11:19 p.m.

So, for Saturday, the live feeds can take on one of three guises:

1. Me sitting in the hot tub at the hotels reminiscing about when I used to fight in the Canadian Navy.

2. Sit down chats with various comptitors and others. Could take real time questions from the web.

3. Phone feed of while they're judging cars. Potentially interesting, but also potentially awesome.

Start making a list of interviews you'd like to see.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/25/14 8:24 a.m.

the best part of yesterday while i was watching: "we'd like to say hi to all the people stre".....BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as steve takes off on the autocross course

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
10/25/14 8:31 a.m.

I like the idea of doing 2 and 3, but that may be difficult.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/25/14 8:53 a.m.

I'd love to hear an inerview of whoever was driving the MG on that last run.

It so much looked like they hit the wall on the internet feed- it would be interesting to go through the description.

Especially if you had the replay that they could go through. Great launch- looking good- shift, and all of a sudden, you are inches from the wall. Good lord.

And some off the cuff BS'ing with the pro drivers to compare the top 3 autocross cars- one super light turbo Subonda, a large winged monster V8, and a pretty simple turbo Miata. The last one is such a good example of a straight forward build- but I would not be shocked to hear that the Mustang isn't that far from a simple build- just doesn't look like it. The car spread for the the top cars is pretty cool, and a coffee or beer discussion would be interesting to hear.

Maybe that one have it more intereactive...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/25/14 8:54 a.m.

Both Vince and I drove the drags, The fast passes were Vince

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/25/14 8:56 a.m.

We are learning how to drag rsce, it took the long way to get down the strip, we need to learn set up and how to drive thisthing, there is much more in it.

You should have seen the track workers eyed when he purged it

AngryCorvair
10/25/14 9:28 a.m.

Good work, Aussie! What was your quickest time? What was Vince's? Sooooo wish I could be there!

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/25/14 1:15 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: We are learning how to drag rsce, it took the long way to get down the strip, we need to learn set up and how to drive thisthing, there is much more in it. You should have seen the track workers eyed when he purged it

The pucker factor...

From our virtual vantage point, that looked scary.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/26/14 11:54 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: We are learning how to drag rsce, it took the long way to get down the strip, we need to learn set up and how to drive thisthing, there is much more in it. You should have seen the track workers eyed when he purged it
The pucker factor... From our virtual vantage point, that looked scary.

I heard a confirmed report that the aluminum race seat was sucked up in the center.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/26/14 12:00 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
alfadriver wrote: Is the orange miata the husband and wife project?
Yep
Quick car- well under 33 seconds.

Best time was a 31.7.

Unfortunately, it was a fun run. Official was 32.5.

Not sure if I am the husband or the wife

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
10/26/14 12:49 p.m.

Mumpkin suspension builder here. I'm not sure I would consider our suspension simple. Well, maybe simple, but I doubt you will find a duplicate of our parts list on any other Miata made.

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EfdoKrGkYSVz9ble9NsxeBEnKTXF0koxcRv0t5clcMFHh3zRhikjb6dZartk5knA