Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
9/11/09 8:51 a.m.
feature_image

Our time at the SCCA Solo Nationals has been successful so far. The car behaved beautifully during the 1500-mile trek from GRM headquarters in Florida. Our current suspension offers the flexibility to work well as both a daily driver and autocrosser, so we didn't even have sore backs when we arrived at the championship event in Lincoln, Neb.

Over two …

Read the rest of the story

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/11/09 11:07 p.m.

wow, a canoe comment. Didn't think that would happen. On a more serious note, I was unaware you could fit 275s on a miata. Are those the 15X9 6ULs?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
9/12/09 10:29 p.m.

Yep, you nailed our wheel and tire setup exactly. It fits the car well after a rolling the fenders, although we discovered a little bit of rubbing on the upper shock mounts at nationals. When we use these wheels with the 225/45R15 Nittos, there's no rub at all.

Our Fat Cat Variant coilovers help; they have a narrower spring diameter than some setups. We think we can fix the rubbing by grinding a teensy bit from the mount.

We could also eliminate the rub by going to fender flares and a small wheel spacer, but after installing the wrap I don't plan to go that route anytime soon.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
11/11/09 8:36 p.m.

gunna bring it to deland in november to woop my butt?

ecm56
ecm56
3/20/10 9:11 a.m.

How do you like the FCM coilover setup? So far I am hearing good things about it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tSirWT72ekc46GLafeFF9TCEyVCVB97mYyGIwDHnAnZxLAUMahL8nVheAJkvBBWD