EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/19 5:47 p.m.

I am looking into live timing for our Rallycross events. We are running AxWare timing software and I would prefer to do this as cheap as possible. If any of the cheap/free options are no good I will pass it off to our chair to bring to the board and see what they want to do. 

My current best option is axti.me. I understand that it isn't really supported anymore but I figured it was the best option to try first for cheap. Does anyone have experience running it or other cheap/free options?

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
5/14/19 5:57 p.m.

Are you talking about the axti.me live results for axware program?  as best I know it does not work on any recent versions of axware.  What version of axware are you currently running?

EvanB
5/14/19 6:11 p.m.

In reply to moxnix :

That is correct. I am on a 2015 version of axware. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/14/19 7:55 p.m.

I use axti.me, but not with Axware. We use a 3-year-old version of the axti.me software. 

Chris Trailer is not gone, but he is extremely busy in his personal life and with what was a startup a couple years ago but now is a thriving business. Axti.me was a side business to support this hobby and as you noted, it is not really supported. However, he has prepaid the hosting, etc for a long time in advance, so the live results is not going away any time soon. 

And he can still be reached, with some delay. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/14/19 7:58 p.m.
moxnix said:

Are you talking about the axti.me live results for axware program?  as best I know it does not work on any recent versions of axware.  What version of axware are you currently running?

I was going to comment, but with Shawn here, there is no need for that.

Do whatever he suggests.....our timing at DC events is overall excellent (aside from when wires get broken by people not paying attention), and the guys who run it (Shawn and a few others) manage to do a great job, even with 4-5 cars on course at once.

EvanB
5/14/19 9:03 p.m.

Our timing has improved greatly over the past couple years with a new timing system and using the axware software but I'm trying to do some kind of live timing for the national event here in June. It would be nice if SCCA still brought their trailer out and ran it from that but we are on our own for everything. The last time I tried to do something was our last divisional challenge at National Trails where I just ran a monitor with updated timing. I would like a better solution than that for this event but with limited time and no support it might not happen. 

I did try to download and install the axti.me live timing for axware on our timing laptop tonight and ran into some snags. I'll have to play around with it more to see if I can get it working. 

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
5/15/19 8:21 a.m.

I want to say that by 2015 axware had encryped the st1 file so programs like this no longer worked.  I also want to say that it does not work with rallyx scoring.  It only takes the top run time instead of the cumulative time.

AFAIK if you are using a "newer" version of axware with the encryped st1 file your only option is to buy the live timing module from axware.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TQ4jjRqFyyIKuameEsX9NYaUQYb4tymB540QIbnX151NWrSyZOAq7gSL4TsJzWGQ