1 2 3
dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/22/12 10:30 p.m.

So I'm in the middle of painting the F2T MX-3. and wasn't happy with the way the driver side door was ligning up at the bottom. I got a Rear Spoiler from a local guy awhile back and he old me he had a KLZE swapped MX-3. After asking about swapping doors, he sent me a txt and said " Bring me $200 and you can have the whole car" So today I did just that courtesy of my brothers Ford Diesel F-250 and Trailer. He needed room and just lost interest in the thing I guess. I haven't confirmed that its really a KLZE, but it starts and runs. He said the timing belt slipped and he just got fed up with it. even if its not, I still have a running V-6 car that I can use to recoupe $ for my F2T if i desire... I may make this one my DD/$2013 Challenger.

It did come with some really neat stuff * A really hazy Carbon Fiber Vented Hood * Corksport Front Bumper * Unknown Lip * Lowering Springs * Possible KLZE Swap * ZE ECU * 9 lb Flywheel * Stainless Headers with Stainless Y for Turbo * Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Heres a few pics, I'll post more pics tomorrow! Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone New Reader
7/22/12 10:35 p.m.

Awesome buy man! I'm really curious to see what can be done with this, once you get into it.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/22/12 10:40 p.m.

front bumper, rear bumper, hood and doors are going on my F2T powered car, but i plan to diagnose this little critters issues and possiblt fix it up too lol...

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/22/12 10:43 p.m.

Cool and good find, now...
What's going on with the side of this Malibu?

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/22/12 10:47 p.m.

Holy donut holes Batman, great score!!

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/22/12 10:48 p.m.

HDR cam on my phone takes 3 exposures, My friend musta been in the last 1 before it merged the 3. lol

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/22/12 11:04 p.m.

I have to admit that is a lot cooler than the running w/ac 5spd 95 neon i just bought for $200. Nice score!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
7/23/12 7:56 a.m.

Hell yeah dude, nice score for sure!

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 1:53 p.m.

I'll post what I find this evening about if it really is a ZE swap.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
7/23/12 2:05 p.m.

If it's running a ZE ECU, it better be a ZE swap. No idiot should put a ZE ecu on a DE.

ZE ecu is identified by KL31 or KL36 i think. I know KL36 for sure, but i sold mine a couple months back.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 2:57 p.m.

Stranger things like that have happened Ben... Remember. The White car did have an MSD Boost Timing Controller on a factory turboed engine Lmao!!!

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/23/12 3:04 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Stranger things like that have happened Ben... Remember. The White car did have an MSD Boost Timing Controller on a factory turboed engine Lmao!!!

I HAVE noticed that cheap Mazdas seem to secret a pheromone that attracts a high percentage of morons.

Just let me know what you end up with in that thing. I have a JE50 VAF and a K8 ECU sitting here with your name on it if you need them. I'd cut a hell of a deal just to get them out of my face.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/23/12 4:48 p.m.

Im getting the whiff of something that smells like not understanding how putting that MSD box on a stock turbo car could let you raise the boost a lot more safely than if you didnt have any timing control at all..

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/23/12 5:06 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Im getting the whiff of something that smells like not understanding how putting that MSD box on a stock turbo car could let you raise the boost a lot more safely than if you didnt have any timing control at all..

It's an F2T. 32psi on a stock timing map out of a Holset HX40 would probably run just fine on 87 octane. The LAST thing you want is LESS timing. In this case, the MSD box made his car run like E36 M3.

I'm in the 15-20psi range right now with a chipped ECU that gives "an unknown timing advance."

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 7:45 p.m.

I figure with my PnP Box, I'll be around the same boost pressure.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 10:51 p.m.

P.S. The A/C works on this whore too!!! I'll probably sell the PGT once this is streetable and will make it my new DD

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/23/12 10:56 p.m.

That's not a move i would make.

While i love KLZE MX3s with a passion, i would trust a 1st gen Probe/MX6 approximately 50x as much for a daily driver. I'd also rather work on the 1st gen.

Just sell me the MX3 for like... $800 after you fix it.

But seriously... 1st gen = better DD.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 11:25 p.m.

I think the Probe is just hideous.... It runs great, but damn those seats are seriously something aweful, and I really don't "need" 3 cars... lol

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
7/23/12 11:25 p.m.

I think the Probe is just hideous.... It runs great, but damn those seats are seriously something aweful, and I really don't "need" 3 cars... lol

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/23/12 11:28 p.m.

Then pass on the savings you just got on the ZE MX3 in the form of a killer price on the PGT.

I don't think they're particularly good looking cars either, i just trust them more.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/23/12 11:34 p.m.

If f2t's didnt come with enough timing, that's kinda odd. But good for everyone who wants to run more boost, i guess. lol

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/24/12 8:13 a.m.
Vigo wrote: If f2t's didnt come with enough timing, that's kinda odd. But good for everyone who wants to run more boost, i guess. lol

Well... nobody really sends a car out the door with max timing...

They came with enough. They came with enough to keep it safe under pretty much anything the stock turbo and much more would ever do. It's a ridiculously conservatively-tuned truck motor and i'd say the timing is part of the reason you often see these things with WAYYYY over 200k miles. (One just turned up on Probetalk with 415k on original motor, never rebuilt, AND CLUTCH.)

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/24/12 2:35 p.m.

Well most people send out their cars with enough timing that you cant put 15 lbs of boost on top of it without changing it. But it works for the enthusiasts 20 years down the road who still dont have real timing control so alls well that ends well.

Come to think of it, there are probably quite a few knuckle dragging turbo enthusiasts out there who'd LOVE to be able to disable their overboost shutdown by sticking a wad of duct tape in their flappy paddle air meter, so it's kind of a miracle any are left, hahah

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/24/12 2:54 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Well most people send out their cars with enough timing that you cant put 15 lbs of boost on top of it without changing it. But it works for the enthusiasts 20 years down the road who still dont have real timing control so alls well that ends well. Come to think of it, there are probably quite a few knuckle dragging turbo enthusiasts out there who'd LOVE to be able to disable their overboost shutdown by sticking a wad of duct tape in their flappy paddle air meter, so it's kind of a miracle any are left, hahah

It's all about safety...

You can't double your boost levels on the turbo mopars without bringing back the timing?

As for the wad of tape in the flappy paddle air meter... i may or may not have inserted a stopper screw in my old VAF in order to prevent the flapper from completing the circuit. (How overboost protection is activated.)

The VAF stopper screw + turbo upgrade + boost controller = 230whp and around 300wtq with no other changes.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/24/12 3:46 p.m.

Eh, you cant quite double it on some of them. Stock was 7-11. 14 on stock timing is no problem, 22 almost never works wthout meth injection or timing changes on a stock setup.

The stock intercooled setup that is most comparable to f2t will dyno 220-250whp maxed out depending on how hot the intercooler is. With an upgraded intercooler the stock turbo has dyno'd as high as 269whp that i can remember. But you cant really get past 220-230 whp reliably without better intercooler and less timing to really be safe.

So whats the word on this klze? legit or lie?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LgwS2Z2MqzmOnm32lEjkJT3t610RDaiK1t81X2S2rHZbj210l2t4cEQLjS49iKmi