1 2
Claff
Claff New Reader
11/25/10 3:55 p.m.

We used up 16 of these cars - all but one being 1200cc cars - starting from the first bought new in '74 to the last one that went to the crusher in 1993 (Massachusetts winters were not kind). After the last one went away we tried to give away the basement full of spares but found no takers and it all went to the dump.

Dear old dad says good luck with your project and adds that these cars had cardboard transmissions so he's wary of trying to ram significantly more power than stock through them.

qdseeker
qdseeker New Reader
11/26/10 10:17 a.m.
Woody wrote: 1200's came with twelves. Fourteen is a pretty big jump from there. Back in the day, the hot setup was to find some early Accord 13" steelies, the four hole ones. They would bolt right up and they were half an inch wider than the later Accord rims.

Exactly. I was about to get a set of Accord steelies, but I finally got a guy to ship me a set of Carroll Shelby 13" wheels. I was also in contact with Diamond Racing when I first got mine (2006) and decided against it when I found it not to be practical and also thought they would look terrible on my car.

And to the person who made the comment about "naysaying?" No one "naysaid" anything. Fifteen inch wheels just do not look right (to me) on smaller cars. Much too large.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR Reader
11/27/10 12:43 p.m.
pigeon wrote: Sweet little project there! One of my favorite CHiPs! episode is the one with the big guy pulled over in the CVCC and he's so upset he rips the car apart.

OK.

This is EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw the car.

That isn't creepy at all is it?

Is it?

Over?

Seven mary Three, Seven mary Four, do you copy?

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
12/2/10 8:40 p.m.
Claff wrote: Dear old dad says good luck with your project and adds that these cars had cardboard transmissions so he's wary of trying to ram significantly more power than stock through them.

Thanks. I just picked up a new (to me) motor for the Civic. It is a 1.6L vtec out of a Del Sol. Gonna be a tight fit.

But I'm also using a modern transmission too. The Del Sol tranny had a hydraulic clutch. But I'm switching it for a tranny with a cable operated clutch.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
12/2/10 10:44 p.m.

Way awesome dude. Have you seen this one, btw?

I know its a 600 and not a Civic, but it seems similar in spirit.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/tabid/59/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1390/Best-Engineered-Lemons-3--The-Angry-Hamster-Z600.aspx

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
12/28/10 7:19 a.m.

Buying this today.

And putting this,

In here.

I was giving just the motor earlier, but it was missing parts such as the exhaust manifold and distributor. Plus I needed the computer, wiring harness, and other odds and ends. Plus with a donor car, I can test the engine while running first.

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
12/28/10 8:41 a.m.

Great build, keep it up

IMGT3_Performance
IMGT3_Performance New Reader
12/28/10 9:56 a.m.

I wish there was room for a K-Series in there, man would that be a trip to drive.

GL with the swap, keep us up to date

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xlDtM0KVUVlNQmAjjXknkNETIEaWB4cswxNyAt1VZqIef8JiFQp0HetwYZwEuUyy