1 2
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/12 2:09 p.m.

I decided it was a good day for a 600 mile round trip so I bought this from another forum member.

Of course the best thing about coming back to Ohio is this!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
9/15/12 4:26 p.m.

Ah, glad someone bought that!

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/15/12 7:27 p.m.

There's someting good about going to Ohio, besides leaving it?

logdog
9/15/12 7:48 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: There's someting good about going to Ohio, besides leaving it?

Yeah. Garlic and Donkey sauce mixed together and tossed with wings.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
9/15/12 11:21 p.m.

In reply to logdog:

So happy you bought that......been on the fence for a while

logdog
9/16/12 8:33 a.m.

I have a couple projects to finish up before I can mess with it, but hopefully I can get it running with relative ease.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/12 8:51 a.m.

the best thing about ohio is living here and knowing all the cool stuff we have so we can just laugh to ourselves when comments like this pop up

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/16/12 4:34 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
the best thing about ohio is living here and knowing all the cool stuff we have so we can just laugh to ourselves when comments like this pop up

Yep! Plus, we can be happy in the knowledge that we don't live in Michigan. ;-)

logdog
9/16/12 5:17 p.m.

You have to forgive Dr Boost. Not only is he NOT a real doctor, but he has never lived anywhere but the Detroit metro area. He thinks coney dogs are good food and Fenton is a rural area. Plus his wife dresses him funny everyday. Trust me, I know, I work in the same office as him so I always have to listen to his rants that come from not knowing there is a whole other world south of Toledo!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/12 5:28 p.m.

heh.. I rescued my Saab from Ohio... so not everything there has to be bad

fidelity101
fidelity101 New Reader
9/17/12 8:06 a.m.

Cheap Insurance.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
9/17/12 8:11 a.m.

when I used to frequent the book of faces a decade ago or so, I was part of a group called Lets Donate Michigan To Canada. It had a lot of people join. The only people who complained were Canadian.

Im not sure I understand the term "Cincy-Tucky" though...unless you bought that car from the west side of Hamilton. That place is pretty ghetto.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
9/17/12 8:56 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
patgizz wrote:
Yep! Plus, we can be happy in the knowledge that we don't live in Michigan. ;-)

No, we're happy you don't live in Michigan.

There's a state South of Michigan before you reach KY or PA? I thought it was just a couple of long roads overly patrolled by the flying donut patrol.

Toledo was part of Mi, but we gladly swapped it for the UP and definitly got the better end of the deal

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
9/17/12 9:04 a.m.

[Tim Allen Voice-over]

Michigan! We got empty buildings, and lakes.

So come on up to Michigan...at least we got lakes.

[/Tim Allen Voice-over]

lolol

logdog
9/17/12 9:54 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Im not sure I understand the term "Cincy-Tucky" though...unless you bought that car from the west side of Hamilton. That place is pretty ghetto.

"Cincy-tucky" is a phrase used to describe the Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky metro area by the gang of idiots I hung out with in my native Mid-Ohio Valley and during my time in Columbus.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/17/12 10:12 a.m.

Ok, what does Ohio have? You have long, straight, boring roads (smooth though) that the locals drive 15 under at all times and weather conditions. You have the rock and roll hall of fame even though Dave Grohl and Devo are the only notable musical talent to come from the state. Then there's Cedar Point.

Oh, and I don't even know who Logdog is. He claims he works with me, I've yet to see any of this "work" he is supposed to do.

jde
jde Reader
9/17/12 10:14 a.m.
logdog wrote: ...in my native Mid-Ohio Valley...

More detail required. (I grew up outside Marietta.)

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/17/12 10:23 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Ok, what does Ohio have? You have long, straight, boring roads (smooth though) that the locals drive 15 under at all times and weather conditions.

Clearly you've never gone to southeastern Ohio. Some of the most fun roads in the country are 45 minutes from my house. Also, what the f roads does Michigan have that have anything but potholes going for them?

logdog
9/17/12 10:38 a.m.
jde wrote:
logdog wrote: ...in my native Mid-Ohio Valley...
More detail required. (I grew up outside Marietta.)

I was born in Marietta, grew up in Fort Worth, Texas, family moved back and I ended up graduating from Warren in 97. Went to Washington State CC for a couple years after graduating and then moved to Columbus for OSU. Now I only return to the MOV for weddings and funerals.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/17/12 10:42 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Ok, what does Ohio have? You have long, straight, boring roads (smooth though) that the locals drive 15 under at all times and weather conditions.
Clearly you've never gone to southeastern Ohio. Some of the most fun roads in the country are 45 minutes from my house. Also, what the f roads does Michigan have that have anything but potholes going for them?

I wasn't going to mention that Ohio is terrible for drivers until you are mere seconds from leaving the state, so thank you for mentioning that.
Oh, we have shore lines, dense woods, the whole upper peninsula, the whole Dexter/Pinkney area, sand dunes, pictured rocks national lakeshore, Brockway mountain (below)...oh, there are farms too. You'll know what those are.

I don't claim MI is the best place in the world for anything, just pulling logdog's chain a bit

logdog
9/17/12 10:50 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Oh, and I don't even know who Logdog is. He claims he works with me, I've yet to see any of this "work" he is supposed to do.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/17/12 11:02 a.m.

That ain't me! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a sexy black woman, not some fat, balding middle aged man.

Well played sir.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/17/12 11:13 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: ***I don't claim MI is the best place in the world for anything, just pulling logdog's chain a bit***

Yeah, I'm just yanking back. I actually quite like Michigan. I MEAN NO I DON'T WHO SAID THAT?!

jde
jde Reader
9/17/12 11:23 a.m.
logdog wrote: I was born in Marietta, grew up in Fort Worth, Texas, family moved back and I ended up graduating from Warren in 97. Went to Washington State CC for a couple years after graduating and then moved to Columbus for OSU. Now I only return to the MOV for weddings and funerals.

How 'bout that...WHS Class of '94

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/17/12 11:49 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
DrBoost wrote: ***I don't claim MI is the best place in the world for anything, just pulling logdog's chain a bit***
Yeah, I'm just yanking back. I actually quite like Michigan. I MEAN NO I DON'T WHO SAID THAT?!

Yeah, I figured as much. Unfortunately, I've noticed some threads can get just a bit out of hand in the last few years so I decided to start putting disclaimers in my posts since text is rather black and white, or black and light yellow when you are actually making the post.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gX3ISgBOL7lcfDBWc0ndgIHCy71eFR6GRoM1v4XaCBRBKhOja9qn8uS8XQ4yyiwb