914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/6/09 10:39 a.m.

I had a bookmark in my computer for a site that had all kinds of scoops! They showed a drawing of front, side and top views with dimensions. They had everything from front brake coolers to rear side window scoops.

Then I got a new computer.....

Anywho, if you have a site that shows air scoops please let me know. I'm looking for a small scoop, 1" tall, 4 - 6" wide that is connected to a 3 or 4" diameter tube. Scoop goes outside, tube runs into the intake.

Thanx, Dan

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
2/6/09 11:53 a.m.

Here's Butler.

They make NACA ducts, etc.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
2/6/09 12:12 p.m.

Maybe like a '66 Shelby?:

http://store.cobranda.com/19shsisclsi.html

*EDIT:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/category/Naca_Ducts2

http://www.pitstopusa.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2581

914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/6/09 12:54 p.m.

POIFICT !!

Thanks guys, racerpartswholesale is the one I remember, but either will work fo my application.

Woohoo.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/6/09 1:26 p.m.

Dumb, noob question:

Would these possibly be used for something like... creating rear brake ducts? Cutting out a section to plop it in the side of the car then running the duct to the rear rotor?

Ducting your hood directly to your intake?

914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/6/09 1:39 p.m.

Silly noob, any question you don't know the answer to isn't Dumb.

Yes. They make ready-made ones for the front and yes you can duct your hood right to the intake ala some of the late 60's ram air hoods.

Ducting your hood directly to your intake?

Kinda.....

Dan

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/6/09 1:52 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Silly noob, any question you don't know the answer to isn't Dumb. Yes. They make ready-made ones for the front and yes you can duct your hood right to the intake ala some of the late 60's ram air hoods. Ducting your hood directly to your intake? Kinda..... Dan

I might try this.... my hood is hailed anyways. Well worth the $15 worth of hilarity and the noise it'll make. Hrmmm... what do i do when it rains, though?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
2/6/09 2:11 p.m.

Don't drive through puddles deeper than your hood and you should be OK. A few drops don't hurt it.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/6/09 2:20 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: Don't drive through puddles deeper than your hood and you should be OK. A few drops don't hurt it.

That's what i was thinking... i was just worried about deluge-type rains that the midwest is prone to every once in awhile. If i place the duct a few inches in front of the intake rather than directly over top of it, i imagine that would be fine, too.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
2/6/09 3:33 p.m.

That wouldn't be a bad idea; I had been trying to figure out how to get the hood to close if it was sealed completely and couldn't think of anything without awkward and restrictive flex hose.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BiXnyTxDHRr5cQgeOVQhd5FBzQOvmnrEr5WScZZdezaMrOpwrMklOzFXDOu7LiCo