jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/17/10 9:22 p.m.

I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes. Something to wear to work. I need something lace up, leather, preferably brown and it would be great if they were under $100. Any suggestions?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/17/10 9:25 p.m.

Dress shoes, hiking boots, what are you looking for?

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/17/10 9:28 p.m.

No boots. I tried some Clarks Mansells and they were a little to dressy to wear with blue jeans. I prefer lace ups. Every slipon I have tired just didn't fit right. I just need some suggestions, maybe someone will show me something I haven't seen before.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/17/10 9:33 p.m.

Have you given Merrells a look? I had a pair of Jungle Mocs that rocked my world. They have some other similar models that might fit your criteria well.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/17/10 9:45 p.m.

I tried a pair of those on the other night. They felt great but the sole felt too thick. I love the crocs slip ons that I have now but they look too much like "walmart" houseshoes and they wear out too quick. I bought them in Jan and the bottom is already slick. I like shoes with a really thin sole.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/17/10 10:14 p.m.

The shoes that seem to be the best fit for what I am looking for...except price...is made by Pikolinos. They are the Fuencarral and from Zappos they run $170. I found a different pair on 6pm.com for $68 but I don't know enough about that site to order. These are $68 from 6pm.com These are $170 from Zappos

novaderrik
novaderrik Reader
10/17/10 11:45 p.m.

my shoes cost $12 at Wal Mart and they didn't even come with a box..

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/18/10 12:21 a.m.
Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
10/18/10 12:42 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Sportsmans Guide Piloti

Hey, thanks!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/10 7:50 a.m.

My wife swears by them.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/10 7:50 a.m.

I love my wife.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/18/10 7:58 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

From the looks of those boots (including the cutout so you can kiss her big toe). You better love her or else!

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/18/10 9:05 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Sportsmans Guide Piloti

I'm digging the Piloti's. The other color on Piloti's site are $120, so $40 ain't bad. They look good too. I might go that route. Thanks.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
10/18/10 9:09 a.m.

I got a set of Pilotis from Sportsman's Guide before. It's time for me to get another pair, actually.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/18/10 9:23 a.m.

I bought a few pair a year or so ago as well. Painless transaction.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
10/18/10 9:37 a.m.

Here's what I use...

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/18/10 9:50 a.m.
hotrodlarry wrote: Here's what I use...

I actually have a pair of P.F. Flyers that I love to drive in but I need a shoe that looks good to wear to work. I am a photographer and I wear jeans and polos just about every day. I need something a little nicer than tennis shoes.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
10/18/10 12:09 p.m.

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/search/search.asp?r=MainHeader%20KW%20box&a=browse&k=piloti

Duke
Duke SuperDork
10/18/10 12:29 p.m.

Anything available in wide widths? Some of those Pilotis look good, but I'm afraid of that medium width note.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/18/10 8:43 p.m.

Just bought the Piloti Sebring's from Sportsmans Guide. Total was $50.45!

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/18/10 9:49 p.m.

My wife says I should buy these. Since she is the one that makes me look professional maybe you should check them out. Not cheap!

http://www.6pm.com/sperry-top-sider-gold-lux-center-seam-ox-dark-brown-deerskin

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/18/10 10:02 p.m.

Didja know they make them in leather?

RoosterSauce
RoosterSauce New Reader
10/18/10 10:10 p.m.

I got some Piloti Speedways, and the soles are much thicker than my old worn out Airwalks or my fairly new Timberland shoes. They are comfy, but they don't offer much for pedal feel. Maybe I just have to break them in or something. Anyway, my old Airwalks are my best driving shoes. I wish I could buy another pair, but the brand seems to have disappeared.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
10/19/10 11:57 a.m.

I actually almost bought a pair of brown leather PF Flyers Number 5. I still might!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4MD8erzcaQNRhbIuPCCI7TiVVW4Vx9QyHe2DiNQpxO1liLddw2nRj0ny5irWmLsQ