carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/11/12 8:30 p.m.

http://beckersauto.myfreeforum.org/archive/homemade-brass-timing-tags-how-to-make-your-own__o_t__t_30.html

Was just looking thru my bookmarks and found this. I don't even remember seeing it before.

I thought this would be good for making a VIN tag although they made other items with it.

Nice way to finish your car.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/11/12 8:47 p.m.

Thanks! That's a really cool project. I'll probably try it down the road.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/12/12 8:32 a.m.

AWSOMESAUCE!!! I can see this used for badass business cards for trade shows and the like!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/12 9:33 a.m.

I am going to try that, thanks.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/12 10:02 a.m.

My grandfather used to make circuit boards, but I'm pretty sure it involved UV light. I'll have to look into it and see if it could be adapted. I love the idea, though - I might have to make a vintage tag for my MG referring to the V8 engine and tappet adjustment

I recently picked up an old Dymo-Mite Tapewriter. It lets me emboss aluminum tape. Much cooler than embossed plastic and it won't curl up and peel off after a year. Get a bit of dirt on it and it looks very vintage. I haven't figured out if mine has a hole punch or not for riveting, but it looks like the one in the picture so I'm guessing I just haven't figured it out yet. This thing feels like a solid metal tool, with a very positive action instead of the squishy feel of a cheap plastic embosser. Unlike the picture below, mine puts out nice evenly spaced letters.

I'm currently in little kid mode, putting labels on everything.

Turboeric
Turboeric GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/12/12 10:25 a.m.

Very cool, 'though I doubt Haley will enjoy having a lable rivetted to her!

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
4/12/12 10:39 a.m.

I can see this as being VERY cool for the cars I'm going to be selling!!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/12 11:14 a.m.

Maybe it's for Haley's dog collar.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kOPSCiLeqDyUamYezlPoJ6SOhHBA3IXIKGPKNgzi23PEYBVNfxj1FjxAkmac72Ea