Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/16 8:30 a.m.
HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
9/26/16 8:39 a.m.

Matt did a good job on the first go round. Really, everyone but Evans did.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
9/26/16 2:14 p.m.

Chris Harris needs to be in the lime light. Him and Matt would make a good duo for the show. That old ginger bastard can take a hike. I don't appreciate anything he says (whether or not it's scripted), and don't like his shrill when excited. Literally, the man's voice is nails on the chalkboard. Also, keep the German hottie. I like her, even though she's hard to understand.

Edit- according to clickbait this will actually be happening. Thank god. I stopped watching when I realized that turd would be the main anchor next to Leblanc. Harris is one to not be in the background. Leblanc isn't either.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
9/26/16 5:23 p.m.

I knew Matt was going to own that show. He's a true car guy and has the dry, English wit.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/26/16 5:37 p.m.

Still shocked that the Brits are not all pissy about an American on Top Gear.

Clarkson would be.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
9/26/16 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

Agreed.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/16 6:10 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Still shocked that the Brits are not all pissy about an American on Top Gear. Clarkson would be.

From what I have seen of the banter amongst my British friends on FB, their sheer hatred of Chris Evans (he has a legacy of being insufferable since the 90's, apparently) far outweighed any negative feelings towards LeBlanc. It seems like virtually everyone watching the show has been surprised at just how much of a natural he is, regardless of nationality.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/26/16 6:14 p.m.
pointofdeparture wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote: Still shocked that the Brits are not all pissy about an American on Top Gear. Clarkson would be.
From what I have seen of the banter amongst my British friends on FB, their sheer hatred of Chris Evans (he has a legacy of being insufferable since the 90's, apparently) far outweighed any negative feelings towards LeBlanc. It seems like virtually everyone watching the show has been surprised at just how much of a natural he is, regardless of nationality.

Probably true. If everybody focuses their hate on the shouty guy, everybody else gets a break.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZymAeA9T51Xhd7nOYmnQq6uFSOv9NJMaWXomsJSrBNUSvhisGxEmnkGNm3eqyihw