1 2 3
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/14/18 6:54 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

A little jealous, but I’m starting to get tired of pushing a clutch 100 times on the way to work everyday. Still looks like it is in pretty good shape for the age. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/14/18 7:37 a.m.

It's pretty rough. Now a 237k mile chassis. Driver's side has two spots of genuine "rust through" holes; rocker and rear wheel arch. 

I have taken to calling it The Crusty Cruiser. 

It started life in Orlando which is probably some of the reason for all the peeling clearcoat. It later went to Indiana and Ohio which is the reason for its rust.  The (ugly) chromey rims have a ton of pitting. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/18 10:29 a.m.

Thread resurrection, any updates? If I'm gonna go this year, it's time to start planning...not sure if I will though, money's tighter than expected after the family beater's brakes (and windshield) asploded and the Corolla needed more engine internal work.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/2/18 10:42 a.m.

After last years Challenge there was Talk of a Parking lot Pool, I Bought one and a Hose. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/18 10:44 a.m.

Parking Lot Pool + Parking Lot Bar = parking lot swim-up bar? laugh

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/2/18 1:03 p.m.

Now that we are autocross only. I’ll try to get Jeremy to buy a Miata and we can put a suspension on it with everyone’s used parts, I have a set of new but old set of 14”  Hankook slicks. We can also paint it. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/18 10:38 p.m.

How about I buy svrex's mr2 and we swap out the na/auto for the supercharged/6speed?

Who's with me!?!?!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
8/3/18 4:39 a.m.

Ooh, a build where i can just show up and help.  I am in.  Plus I am somewhat of an mr2 expert after owning a 1st gen ita race car for approx 7 years.

If this materializes I will sell the Volvo, if anyone is looking for one let me know.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
8/3/18 6:17 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

Ooh, a build where i can just show up and help.  I am in.  Plus I am somewhat of an mr2 expert after owning a 1st gen ita race car for approx 7 years.

If this materializes I will sell the Volvo, if anyone is looking for one let me know.

I'd like first chance at the Volvo if you sell it.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/3/18 6:21 a.m.

Robbie, That's the Best Offer I have Ever heard.

PAUL is it the car that is hardist to dig out, Lol

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/3/18 7:10 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

You are crazy. Engine swap in the parking lot? How many days early will we need to show up? 

Robbie
8/3/18 8:49 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

I'm working on materializing it. Noting your mr2 experience, I will be calling you.

And yes, I think you deserve a year or two 'off'!

Robbie
8/3/18 8:50 a.m.
GTXVette said:

Robbie, That's the Best Offer I have Ever heard.

I will remind you what you said when it's 3am friday morning and we're halfway done.

Robbie
8/3/18 8:52 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Robbie :

You are crazy. Engine swap in the parking lot? How many days early will we need to show up? 

I am clearly crazy, I think everyone who knows me is just waiting to see when I will notice.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
8/3/18 9:00 a.m.

I could pull the engine tranny combo in my ita car in less than 90 minutes without a lift.

We can do this...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/3/18 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

tell my friends bad decisions make good stories. I also say if everything goes as planned you won’t have a good story to talk about later.

Like the time I tried to do a drive sell and buy without a trade in and ended up flying home. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
8/3/18 5:38 p.m.

Robbie, PM me your number I can't find it on my phone anymore.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/18 6:19 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Currently on Baltimore CL there's an $800 victim waiting. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
8/3/18 6:52 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
pimpm3 said:

I'd like first chance at the Volvo if you sell it.

Sounds good.  It needs a fuel pump.  I will throw one in it and let you know if that fixes it.

Robbie
8/3/18 9:55 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Now that we are autocross only. I’ll try to get Jeremy to buy a Miata and we can put a suspension on it with everyone’s used parts, I have a set of new but old set of 14”  Hankook slicks. We can also paint it. 

If we do the mr2 can we use those slicks? Also, paint. Yes, might need paint.

Robbie
8/3/18 9:58 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Sent!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/4/18 4:47 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Yes, 205/55-14 I believe. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/4/18 5:11 a.m.

Robbie and I have talked... wink

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/4/18 7:32 a.m.

OH God,  IS This the year a Parking Lot build beats all Challengers. The Timing may be right. I have got to get to work.

Robbie
8/6/18 5:48 a.m.

Still working out a few things

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ofYEAhtvViEVBhzS91C7qAHdRMDcgP4YWXpnKwHiLXloVwIrRGfwGk0HSs9Alxsz