hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/17 12:01 p.m.

So MCM has a TV show now? They had a new show (per my cable guide) on Velocity last night. I caught it 4 minutes in and taped it. Hope to watch tonight. They bought a V8 Holden 4dr and were going to build a Mad Max styled car. I haven't seen all of their web shows so this may just be a re-purposed web post but hard to tell. Velocity web site shows the series but no details yet.

Has this been discussed here? Couldn't find a previous thread.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
2/22/17 12:08 p.m.

Sounds like re purposed stuff from their youtube. They did Mod Max last year.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
2/22/17 12:12 p.m.

LS in an S15 Silvia. More pro-built, than Moog and Marty in the garage, though.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
2/22/17 12:13 p.m.

Yeah, they made a deal with Discovery. They'll still be doing their YouTube show for new episodes, and some of their prior stuff will be getting cut to be a bit more TV friendly, then aired on cable.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/17 3:03 p.m.

Huh? Didn't see the TV deal coming.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/22/17 4:47 p.m.

They made a deal with Discovery Channel Australia initially to air old episodes on TV. It must have trickled over to this side of the pond.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
2/22/17 5:07 p.m.

What is MCM?

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/22/17 5:09 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

mightycarmods a great youtube channel

Gaunt596
Gaunt596 New Reader
2/22/17 5:26 p.m.

all discovery is doing is small Edita for TV friendliness,and then airing it for the general public. they started this deal with discovery Australia a while back.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
2/22/17 6:34 p.m.

I don't like this at all. Name one syndicated automotive program that was 1)interesting, 2) stayed on air, 3) not full of adverts. Now our YouTube MCM stuff will be all unicorn circuits and crap, while the good programming goes where the money is. I knew this would happen... Marty and Moog will sell out, and I will be shafted to purchase yet another subscription to a channel I barely watch.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
2/22/17 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Trackmouse:

MCM is still going to be a YouTube show. Discovery is taking older episodes and editing them before putting them on tv.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/22/17 7:45 p.m.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that episode last night, it was a nice change from West Coast Customs.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/22/17 8:11 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote: I don't like this at all. Name one syndicated automotive program that was 1)interesting, 2) stayed on air, 3) not full of adverts. Now our YouTube MCM stuff will be all unicorn circuits and crap, while the good programming goes where the money is. I knew this would happen... Marty and Moog will sell out, and I will be shafted to purchase yet another subscription to a channel I barely watch.

I have a hard time faulting someone for trying to better themselves and their current condition. If they move completely to TV someone will fill the void on youtube.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
2/22/17 8:27 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: it was a nice change from West Coast Customs.

Of course, even a dental cleaning is a nice change from West Coast Customs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jS0OuCy1hntSBHZCo2MT7oi5fzU2nnkycDwZnLzdmvoh29iX9MFzTwPx5T2gxJm0