David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/16/17 12:48 p.m.
feature_image

We’re loading up the van, and tomorrow morning we make tracks for Carlisle, Pennsylvania, for this weekend’s Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals. We expect to be in our usual booth spot—head to B44 and you should see us.

Six reasons to see us:

1: We’re lonely and appreciate the company.

2: Meet the magazine staff, including Tim, Tom and …

Read the rest of the story

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
5/16/17 12:53 p.m.

Looking forward to it. Should be a great time.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/16/17 12:58 p.m.

This just in: Calvin Nelson, who was showcased in our May issue, will also be at Carlisle.

Yes, autographs will be available to those who ask nicely.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
5/16/17 3:35 p.m.

Crap it's this weekend? I guess Saturday is planned out then.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
5/17/17 7:34 a.m.

The 10.263 second 1/4 mile Black Beetle, not the yellow one, right.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/17/17 8:18 a.m.

I'll be there Saturday. If anyone wants to hang out and wander around the show, or maybe grab a beer afterwards, I'd be happy to oblige.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/17/17 8:33 a.m.

Wish I could make it!

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
5/17/17 8:51 a.m.
spin_out wrote: The 10.263 second 1/4 mile Black Beetle, not the yellow one, right.

The 10.396 Bugzilla (Black), not the 10.263 'Lil Bug Coupe (yellow)

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
5/17/17 9:04 a.m.

Yep! We'll be there all day Friday.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
5/17/17 1:23 p.m.

So far, I'm bringing up LS1 parts for Andrew Nelson, some sweet sheepskin seat covers, and the valve cover and jack from an old Mercedes. Tim seems to have fully filled the van with old British car parts, and naturally we're bringing plenty of T-shirts and magazines, too.

See everybody in a few days!

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/17/17 1:44 p.m.

Looking forward to it as always..... hate to say it out loud but this may be the first time in years that they are not calling for rain on at least one of the three days! I'll be there on Saturday with either the MX5 or TR4A

rickjames
rickjames New Reader
5/18/17 12:42 a.m.

I'll be there Saturday. Leaving the DC area about 8am - if anyone wants to hop a ride my passenger seat is currently empty, and my show pass gets two people in. I'll head back sometime in the afternoon. Just reach me via PM.

Look forward to meeting the GRMers.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/19/17 4:59 p.m.

Just a PSA for anyone who's gonna be in town and looking for some extra motorsports action. World of Outlaws is at Williams Grove speedway this weekend, just a few miles up the road from Carlisle.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
5/20/17 2:03 a.m.
Furious_E wrote: Just a PSA for anyone who's gonna be in town and looking for some extra motorsports action. World of Outlaws is at Williams Grove speedway this weekend, just a few miles up the road from Carlisle.

So is the Jalopy Showdown. It is at the Latimore Fairground.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t6bnZVwRqlIQdF6LRtVZN4garJ9C2PAwl9nnvzUAl7cujFEy2VgPzqoqJ45hJvUE